kenimes

Bitmap vs. Vector

i want to know how to master vectoring with signblazer

as of:faces

and full color pictures

or can some1 let me knw of a better program known for tht kind of work!!

Did all of the stpes to vectorize, but when I sent it to the cutter it was just a big black blob, What am I doing wrong? :)

Did all of the stpes to vectorize, but when I sent it to the cutter it was just a big black blob, What am I doing wrong? :)

If using sb, send it to the cutter and then look at the layers on the left side. I ran into a lot that appeared to be a black blob but selecting the other layers it cuts correctly.....?

choose the color you want to cut in the upper left bow on the screen. There usually are two or three colors in there. For layering I believe.

Big blob under color and next box down top layer.

I am new to vinyl cutting and need help with converting bitmap/.jpg images to vector in sign blazer. I have inported images to signblazer, followed the instructions to convert bitmap to vector, and the images not only become distorted, but are also inverted. Am I missing a key step in converting images to vector? I am basically (at this time) looking for crosses, Christmas trees, pumpkins and skulls. If the process of converting bitmap to vector is complicated, would it be simplier to just purchase the vector art software from us cutters? and if so, which package would include my images.. Please help..

The problem is with the original image. Not all images can be vectorized at any level with out distortion. You may need to move/edit nodes and delete any that may be causing the image to distort. Vectormagic is an online subscription and will vector better than signblazer. Black and white images without shadows can be vectored in signblazer easily. The multi color ones are more difficult. Just remember you can cut straight from most eps. files in signblazer. So anything vectored in inkscape, or any other design software can be used as long as it is AI or eps. If the image is inverted, just mirror and rotate to the proper look. Some times it is easier to just use free drawing over a image to trace the image, essentially copying an image by hand. But it is effective alternative to vectorizing. Here's sample of the process including light cleanup work in node edit. The last image was drawn with node edit over a customers picture of their logo. It took about an hour to get the entire thing drawn that way but was far easier to do then trying to get it to vector correctly.

simpo-sign-3.jpg

SKLCBLG.jpg

I didn't read all of the responses but this is what i do

-open image in inkscape

-trace the image (trace bitmap)

- remove original image

-ungroup the trace (to get the best one posiible)

-make any modifications

-save as a eps file 300dpi

open signblazer

import the image

size

and cut

hope this helps

I imported a .jpg into SB, made it monocrome, and then vectorized it... I tried to cut it after that, and it still said it was a bitmap. Am I missing a step?

I have had the same exact problem can some on please exsplain how I can get this to work because all of my pics are Jpg files

Thanks L Town Graphics that works for me, how can I now put breaks in the lines to form bridges for stencil cutting please?

I tried the eraser but that removes the image, painting over part of the line refuses to give me the desired results too.

Not used to vectors and how they work I am afraid.

Archie, This is a really old post and L Town hasn't been active for a couple years. What program are you using? Normally you can draw a rectangle or some other similar shape and place them where you want the bridge to be and weld them together to create a stencil effect. Performing these actions vary from program to program but the end result is the same. 

I'll make one comment and leave it at that ---

When vectoring, avoid trying to vector texts.

Best thing is to TYPE the text from scratch with a matching font.

• Like 1