kenimes

Bitmap vs. Vector

I imported a .jpg into SB, made it monocrome, and then vectorized it... I tried to cut it after that, and it still said it was a bitmap. Am I missing a step?

Once vectorized, the original image will still be there with the vector, so you will need to click on drag them apart to separate, then delete the original image, leaving you with only the cuttable vector.

I have been using my copam with sign blazer for a couple months now..... been going thru ink scape to vectorize pictures and like you said dragging the new image and deleteing the old image..... when i go to SB it and try to cut it still says the new picture is a bit map//// help!!

I have been using my copam with sign blazer for a couple months now..... been going thru ink scape to vectorize pictures and like you said dragging the new image and deleteing the old image..... when i go to SB it and try to cut it still says the new picture is a bit map//// help!!

In InkScape, are you deleting the correct one? When you drag them apart, select one, and the one that says Image at the bottom of your screen when selected, is the one you need to delete.

Ken

I am beginning to think my problem is this issue here.

I also recieve bitmap not monochrome.

If possible where do you covert bitmap to monochrome in SB

Thank You for your help and guidance

Darrell

I am able to contour cut in SB finally-  Thnak You

importing scanned decal but unable to convert, to be able to countour cut(above)

Once the Image is selected, go to Image, then Mode, and select Monochrome.

• Like 1

This is done in SB Correct I assume

Again Thank You

Darrell

This is done in SB Correct I assume

Again Thank You

Darrell

If the functions don't work highlight it then click monochrome.

I am kinda new at all of this but I got it down a little. I imported my construction logos from a cd to signblazer. There is a yard sign, and two different logos that were put on my truck by a sign company.Anyway a total of three images with text on each.First i need to select just one of the three to cut but when I try to select one , they are all selected and the ungroup objects option is not available. How do I select just one? And for the bitmap/vector part; when the cutter screen is up , the smaller text is little round spots and bubbles. How is that fixed. The logo is about 4 or 5 different colors, how can you choose what color to print when its monochrome, its black and white. Can someone help me out here. Greatly appreciated.

Ok i have converted it to monochrome deleted the bitmat and now I have only a partial image.  I started with black and white.  Thanks

I too have a logo and I made it to be vectorized and everything seemed fine for a second, it starting cutting right then it goes nuts drawing a diagonal line forever back and forth through 5 or more feet of vinyl and then like freezes up. It also draws all the lines that it shows on the computer screen that shows where it is going from word to word or from word to picture. WEIRD huh!! So I put another piece of art on to cut to check it one that I know is ok and its fine... WHAT the heck is wrong?

Why am i losing so much quality between illustrator cs4 and signblazer after monochroming and vectorising?

Why am i losing so much quality between illustrator cs4 and signblazer after monochroming and vectorising?

If the design was created in Illustrator, it is vector already. You shouldn't need to vectorize it. Try exporting it as a .eps version 8 and it should have ethe same quality it had in Illustrator. If it is a .jpg that you traced in Illustrator it should still be the same image as it was in illustrator when exported.

I imported a .jpg into SB, made it monocrome, and then vectorized it... I tried to cut it after that, and it still said it was a bitmap. Am I missing a step?

when you vectorized it, it keeps the bitmap, and gives you the additional vectorized on the screen. did you erase the unwaned bitmap? so its just the vectorized?

I have the US Cutter MH 721 with SignBlazer trial version of software. I have tried to cut a logo or a graphic and it cut like an abstract instead of the actual design. No curves all straight lines. It didn't look the same as the original. I had figiured out the monochrome button ( I thought) to vectorize it but it looked very weird compared to the original. Any ideas?

I have had this since Nov 2008 and learn as I go in the middle of all of the other things I have going in my business.

My question is how do you cut the logos and images with the Sign Blazer trial version software? If that is not possible do I need to upgrade the software to the full version?  If so How do I do that? Where do I do that?  Is there other  software such as Flexi, compatible with this cutter?  I just need to be able to cut from customers artwork and need to know how to do it and I haven't had an abundance of time to explore and play with the program enough. Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks Alicia

I too am trying to cut an image. I have imported it into SignBlazer trial and changed it to monochrome and vectorized it but in the process, I have lost the image - only cut the basic outside but lost the interior cuts. Any suggestions?

I am new to vinyl cutting and need help with converting bitmap/.jpg images to vector in sign blazer. I have inported images to signblazer, followed the instructions to convert bitmap to vector, and the images not only become distorted, but are also inverted. Am I missing a key step in converting images to vector? I am basically (at this time) looking for crosses, Christmas trees, pumpkins and skulls. If the process of converting bitmap to vector is complicated, would it be simplier to just purchase the vector art software from us cutters? and if so, which package would include my images.. Please help..

Guest sciondrgn

I am new to vinyl cutting and need help with converting bitmap/.jpg images to vector in sign blazer. I have inported images to signblazer, followed the instructions to convert bitmap to vector, and the images not only become distorted, but are also inverted. Am I missing a key step in converting images to vector? I am basically (at this time) looking for crosses, Christmas trees, pumpkins and skulls. If the process of converting bitmap to vector is complicated, would it be simplier to just purchase the vector art software from us cutters? and if so, which package would include my images.. Please help..

I don't use SignBlazer but I recommend InkScape for doing vector images, its free and does a really good job.. Check it out.. http://www.inkscape.org

I use SignBlazer and I would agree that InkScape does a much better job.

Hey guys, Rookie here, using SB I too am having the same problem as others, after I monochrome, convert to vector and delete my unwanted, it is not the same as original.

Also it is not cutting out in the middle, just the outlines.

I downloaded InkScape to nose around there, but I see no buttons to click to send to cutter. Any advise on SB and InkScape would be greatly appreciated !

Thanks,

Tom