CKR

I JUST NEED TO VENT

Ok, if we're going in the 'smurf' direction, I COMPLETELY call shotgun on Gargamel...he gets to eat smurfs B)  There's a few people 'round here I wouldnt mind eating  :lol:

gargamel.jpg

Ok.. now that we got the important stuff outta the way...Gotta say...

To rant about someone getting a job and being a newbie, or about someone starting a business not knowing full well what they're doing is well... silly...  seriously

But to rant about someone who  doesn't know what they're doing, and rants and complains about things and they don't know the business end of the plotter, or criticizes applications and years or work that they've used for about 10 min... well... that makes a little more sense.

I gotta get up at 4:22 but beforeI go to bed..I guess I'm just sayin...

Spend the energy used on worrying about what others are doing with their business for your own business, and you'll be twice as successful...it's simple mathmatics :rolleyes:

Blame China. They make it so anyone can buy a cutter for $200  :huh:

I say what ever you want to do...  do it.  I got in to it to make some money on the side.  But if you want some moaning, let it be....  My main business is computer programming...  Charging $60 - $90 bucks an hour is a thing of the past when overseas (mostly india) programmers are working for $7 (or less) an hour.  AND I HAVE 30 YEARS OF PROGRAMMING EXPERIENCE!

Unless you get a JOB as a programmer with a company, your high dollar days are closing fast.  Last week I received a project to bid on.  It would have taken me at least 2 weeks to complete.  Page after page of requirements.  The bidder who won bid $250. 

VENT I need to VENT!  :huh:

SO be it that I can make a large real estate sign, charge $300 for it, be a noobie, have about $50 dollars in it, and do it in about 4 hours.  NOT that I'm getting these jobs all the time.  BUT heck its easy money when I do.

Later....

Pappy

I think some people think that they are getting a "Cricut" type machine that requires no knowledge any special learning to operate.

I think some people think that they are getting a "Cricut" type machine that requires no knowledge any special learning to operate.

you got that right. There is a HUGE difference between some soccer mom cutting scrapbook stuff and doing this for a living. As I said before, you gotta be willing to WORK and LEARN! I built my business...it didn't come out of a box.

Actually, my wife just bought a Cricut yesterday to play with. The blasted thing confuses the hell outta me! I guess I'm used to the computer / plotter setup.

Charlie

hahahaha, my first cutter was a CRICUT.....I actually own two, the baby and the big one. they now sit on a shelf collecting dust along with the 20 cartridges and the mats and the extra blades....<sigh> . Its a good machine and does what its supposed to do I just have outgrown it. I paid more for my cricut and accessories then I paid for my pcut...lol

Renee

I think its great here in this forum people helping others that want to learn.Oh by the way have had my cutter for about 4 months now haven't sold first thing yet..But I am learning from the forum.Thanks everyone!!!!!!

We started our business January 19 of this year.  I had applied vinyl to vehicle window before but never used a cutter or software, just bought RTA.  I have already done about $12,000 since first starting and like I said did not know anything about the cutter or software, but it was pretty easy to learn from just playing with it along with this forum.  I dont think it has anything to do with not knowing the business, but how driven you are when you start it.  Its taking a lot of work and a lot of trying to get our name out.  Just my 2 Cents.

Signed,

Newbie with no experience.... :thumbsup:

:thumbsup: ambition is the most important thing , with enough of that just , about anything is possible  :P

Ok, if we're going in the 'smurf' direction, I COMPLETELY call shotgun on Gargamel...he gets to eat smurfs :)  There's a few people 'round here I wouldnt mind eating  :thumbsup:

gargamel.jpg

Ok.. now that we got the important stuff outta the way...

LOL  :P . I know what you mean , I would rather the vylans get eaten instead of the innocent smurfs . the bad guys should loose & the good guys should win .. just like in the western movies  :P

Shame on you Mr. Karma.  Bubbles the monkey......Wacko Jacko......now Smurfs! :thumbsup:  I wonder if they taste like blue berries?  Maybe smurfberries. :P

I also am a newbie. I bought my pcut off of ebay in January of this year. The one thing that I have found is you need to be hungry if you want the work. I am already looking to get a bigger and better cutter and a heat press. I just bought my wide format printer and I am having fun.

When I bought mine on ebay all I intended to do was the graphics on my car. But it snowballed into a big thing. The work is out there you just need to be hungry.

As for people being over there heads. I do a good amount of vectoring for people on the forum. I do not charge as it is all very easy stuff. And I like to help people. It does get a bit old when it is the same people asking all the time. The programs are easy, just start to play with them.

Dave

Shame on you Mr. Karma.  Bubbles the monkey......Wacko Jacko......now Smurfs! :thumbsup:  I wonder if they taste like blue berries?  Maybe smurfberries. ;D

LOL .. I am glad you also have humor as I do  :thumbsup: , but don't bunch the good guys with the bad guys .. Wacko Jacko ( did you ever see the Triumph , the comic insult dog's video at the Jacko trial .. HLARIOUS !!! ) & Gargamel are on the bad side & the rest are good guys . If you read what dylan said to me in the last post of the  Alaska gal thread ( it got yanked ) ... either him or I deserve to be on the bad guy list ( he got " internet ganster " with me & told me to do some things I never have thought about .. yucky pooo)

May the fleas of a thousand camels infest his armpits, and may bubbles fester beneath his applications.

So would Banner John be considered Papa Smurf?

;D    :thumbsup:

I would think so .  :thumbsup:

I still don't know waht I'm doing... :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D ;D could somone help me ? ;D ;D :D :D