Sign in to follow this  
patricel67

I can't get my transfer tape to lift off vinyl from paper backing. HELP!

I am using Oracal Matte vinly 631 and signwarehouse enduramask high tack tape. For some reason my customers are complaining that the vinyl will not stick to tape, even if they rub it again really hard. When I apply the tape I use a very hard squeegie and alot of pressure and still no luck. Can anyone suggest a good transfer tape that I can use to solve this problem. I use the matte vinyl because it looks best for indoor wall sayings.  I have used about 1/2 the roll of transfer tape and it still is not any better.

Please, someone help..

Thanks in advance

I have had this problem before,and it is ALWAYS matte vinyl. The solution is to turn it over and peel the backing paper away from the vinyl...not the vinyl away from the paper. Don't know why this makes a difference,but it does.

Just my 2p worth.

I do the same thing when it sticks. I flip it upside down and peel off the paper. I also usually roll across it face down before peeling off the paper. I tried pretty much all the different squeegees until I found this.

brayer_metal.jpg

http://www.signwarehouse.com/TT-V-p-HT-SBX1.html

It allows you to put tons of pressure without catching on the letters and damaging the vinyl. Made the process so much easier, worth every penny.

:D

Have you tried to turn the vinyl face down, and squeegee the backing paper before removing it?

try Renfrew High tack R-tape, works best for me. and yes, listen to the other guys, always turn face down and peel backing paper off pre-mask.

Also, you might want to check your blade depth (may be too much blade sticking out). Can you see the outline in the backing paper after the vinyl is lifted off?