nonabelle

" THE RANT!"

>:(SOMETHING BETTER JUST NEED TO HAPPEN

i know the situation with colorchrome and signblazer but it doesn't change the problems.

my signblazer crashes more and more each time i use it.

yes i use it, because honestly other softwares r not affordable that does half of what signblazer.

it just look like to me uscutter should find and or offer recent customers that has purchased this cutters with the software an alternative without cost. i personally can't afford to purchase new software for my cutter and i know others feel the same.

i know it's not uscutters fault either but it just looks to methat to be honest and fair this should at least be look into being most of us r faithful to this forum and all aspects. being faithful to them should incline them to try to find a solutions on their own behalf instead of trying to see what happens with something out of their control. this is really beginning to make me hesitant in directing potential customers here.

Ive been using Flexistarter which uscutter sells and the more i use it the better i like it, I downloaded signblazer and didn't like it much at all. Maybe they'll give you a deal on that. Good luck

I finally had to purchase Flexistarter because of problems with SBE.  IMO, I don't think USCutter should be including SBE by default anymore with their cutters until such time as they can sell copies that can be activated.  Selling copies with the hope that they can later be activated is not really appropriate.  Instead, I think they should include Flexistarter by default with the option for Signcut.

I finally had to purchase Flexistarter because of problems with SBE.  IMO, I don't think USCutter should be including SBE by default anymore with their cutters until such time as they can sell copies that can be activated.  Selling copies with the hope that they can later be activated is not really appropriate.  Instead, I think they should include Flexistarter by default with the option for Signcut.

My opinion Exactly, it is not in the least bit fair to sell SBE with the cutters, at the very least put a disclaimer somewhere in the auctions or on the direct site.

I woud have to agree at this point. The 'company being sold' thing is OLD news now and only idiots would buy a company and let it go to te dogs, and only an idiot would sell a company and let it go to the dogs before the sale is final. Somebody needs to step up to the plate...unless Jerry was the only person who actually knew anything about SB.

it's really sad, this company US CUTTER has the ability to be one of the top cutter companies in the world. simply because when u have and support a product people don't mind advertising. because ur proud to be a part.

let me tell u, word of mouth is a mother scooter the best. but with that said i'm very reluctant to want to participate. a lot of u know me on another forum, lol thanks to fivestar. but anyway,

i recieve PMs everyday from thier asking me about my honest opinion of the cutter i own, the software SB and the company.

umm i have not answered any in the last may 30 days simply because hell i'm not happy with this situation.

the cutter works fine, but what is a cutter without proper software. one reason i purchased this machine was because the software bundled with it. enough said .... for now

I know my copy of SBE has been junk recently. certain files if I try to node edit after i go back to select it will disappear I thought it was because I always had multiple instances of SBE open but I have further found out that is not the case. More and more SBE is becoming unstable.

Guest TracMatt

I agree on the software thing as well.  Mine crashes also constantly.

I'm going to look into getting something different as well. Just wish I knew what worked with an LP24.

Tracee

I'm with you on this, I ended up buying a 3 month sub. to Signcut so I could make use of my cutter. :thumbsup:

If someone asked I have no prob recommending the cutter, BUT I would have to say make sure to buy a program to run it with.

my 2 cents

Dave

Guest fivestar

it's really sad, this company US CUTTER has the ability to be one of the top cutter companies in the world. simply because when u have and support a product people don't mind advertising. because ur proud to be a part.

let me tell u, word of mouth is a mother scooter the best. but with that said i'm very reluctant to want to participate. a lot of u know me on another forum, lol thanks to fivestar. but anyway,

i recieve PMs everyday from thier asking me about my honest opinion of the cutter i own, the software SB and the company.

umm i have not answered any in the last may 30 days simply because hell i'm not happy with this situation.

the cutter works fine, but what is a cutter without proper software. one reason i purchased this machine was because the software bundled with it. enough said .... for now

Sheila I'm glad I could help get your name out there.  :thumbsup: :thumbsup: ;D I too get those PM's all the time, I've probably sold more cutters for US Cutter then anyone that works there.  I tell people I don't use the software that comes with it because I tried it once and didn't like it.

i know that's right. but this is totally bs. i really had to rant because as long as nothing is being said they're not going to do anything. hehe i wouldn't be surprised if they removed it.

it's just not right, something needs to be done. it's not fair to the comsumers and honestly it's a mess. but messes can be cleaned up. if u let them stay messy to long, ur in for a everlasting funk that will linger forever. if u clean it up early it would only be a vague memory.

i didnt realize there were so many problems.  i always thought that i had to many things going on at once and that wa what was causing the crashes or freezing.  Anyone know if you can cut straight from corel x4?

My personal opinion.  :thumbsup:  Profit margain is a consideration . If I paid $3,000 ( which i was within minutes of doing before i found USCutters on e-bay ) I would think there is alot more room to go beyond the original deal . I think USCutter putting FlexiStarter on e-bay at a buy it now price $50 lower than their normal discounted price ( $149 )... IS a concession to SignBlazers situation ( which is NOT USCutters fault or responsibility , IMHO again ) I bought my cutters right before SignBlazer got packaged & wished i had waited . But that is all hindsight . Being in business myself & it seems most of the posters on this board are also ... I would think everybody could think about " what if " the shoe was on the other foot . I don't think any of us would send anymore $ , IF the software lasted forever or got improved drastically . Also the manpower to find out who really deserves replacement software would take up alot of time & then there would be complaints in other areas . I respect everybodies statements, but if i was in thier position , with SignBlazer still working  ( works fine for me as of now ) , I would not be giving up profit margain when it was wholesale prices anyway .

regards , Rodger ( please do not take offense :thumbsup:

with SignBlazer still working  ( works fine for me as of now ) , i feel ya on this but urs is working.

i'm not taking offense and u have the right to ur opinion.

My personal opinion.  :thumbsup:  Profit margain is a consideration . If I paid $3,000 ( which i was within minutes of doing before i found USCutters on e-bay ) I would think there is alot more room to go beyond the original deal . I think USCutter putting FlexiStarter on e-bay at a buy it now price $50 lower than their normal discounted price ( $149 )... IS a concession to SignBlazers situation ( which is NOT USCutters fault or responsibility , IMHO again ) I bought my cutters right before SignBlazer got packaged & wished i had waited . But that is all hindsight . Being in business myself & it seems most of the posters on this board are also ... I would think everybody could think about " what if " the shoe was on the other foot . I don't think any of us would send anymore $ , IF the software lasted forever or got improved drastically . Also the manpower to find out who really deserves replacement software would take up alot of time & then there would be complaints in other areas . I respect everybodies statements, but if i was in thier position , with SignBlazer still working  ( works fine for me as of now ) , I would not be giving up profit margain when it was wholesale prices anyway .

I agree with you 99%. I just think there should be a disclaimer or warning on the listings that tells the situation and MAYBE give the buyer the option to UPGRADE to Flexi.

with SignBlazer still working  ( works fine for me as of now ) , i feel ya on this but urs is working.

i'm not taking offense and u have the right to ur opinion.

kewl :thumbsup: , I understand your situation & have been there many times with other things . I had to restore my PC recently & downloaded SignBlazer . It works fine ( i downloaded it 2X on the same pc by mistake & am keeping both copies in case 1 works if the other crashes ) A guess to how many copies of SignCut or Flexi would USCutter need to supply to replace SignBlazer ??

I agree with you 99%. I just think there should be a disclaimer or warning on the listings that tells the situation and MAYBE give the buyer the option to UPGRADE to Flexi.

I have thought about that also & agree . But that could put the final nail in SignBlazers coffin . ;(

I have thought about that also & agree . But that could put the final nail in SignBlazers coffin . ;(

It seems to me that whoever bought/is buying Signblazer has not only driven that final nail home, but is shovelling in the dirt over the coffin.

John, I said this about a month ago and go blasted by a couple of people.

Guest TracMatt

Does anybody know Bruce from Signblazer? I see his name on quite a few things.  What happened to him?  Just curious.

Tracee

Does anybody know Bruce from Signblazer? I see his name on quite a few things.  What happened to him?  Just curious.

Tracee

He is probably unemployed also waiting for the sale to finalize. I think he was just an employee of ColorChrome/Signblazer.

FRom what Jerry hinted at ( I never asked directly) Bruce had a small stake in the company. Here is a direct quote from Jerry:

"Bruce is best for advanced technical questions.

I'm the guy for questions regarding "How To" questions."

I never got to know Bruce as well as I did Jerry so I never got his personal email or phone # so I have no way of contacting him now.

If anyone wants to know how damn hard Jerry worked to make SB as best as he could,here is another quote from another email:

"In SB Pro there are 14 different shadow effects with block or perspective

options for all.

How we wrote these is that for a long time I collected photos of every

different brush technique of every shadowed letter on any sign I could find.

Some I photographed myself from existing buildings, some came from very old

books, some came from museums of enamel signs and some I asked old brush

sign guys and finally the sign school for apprentice signmakers looked at

what we had done and suggested the last one or two we had either missed or

did not know about."

Now that is dedication!

Jerry only told me a few times not to repeat specific things he told me, but I don't think he would mind if I published that. There are also some tips he gave to me that might not have made it into the forums. Some day I'll collect them all and post...in a way,jerry can still be helping us.

I really miss him.

Guest TracMatt

John,

I think we all do, even those that didn't ever know him.  Some are finding out just how much right now. 

Tracee

John, I said this about a month ago and go blasted by a couple of people.

jay ur correct and one of them may have been me. there is a time for everything, and not saying that it wasn't urs.

understanding and patience play a big part in this life, and at the time u posted i was trying to exercise mine.

no one never denied there was a problem jay, but was hoping for a solution and in the meantime trying to exercise the patience and understanding.

I don't just miss him for his support,but as a friend. He was an avid gardener..and we shared tips.He told me all about Australia, and I told him all about Tennessee.When he was complaining about how hot it was down there, I was complaining about how cold it was here. I can honestly say that Jerry was not only the hardest,most dedicated man I ever met,but one of the nicest. Ken comes in second. But just by a hair.

There is no doubt in my mind...that if Jerry had lived...SignBlazer would have surpassed Flexi in functionality eventually. That was his goal.