Sign in to follow this  
Guest TracMatt

Transfer tape recommendations for dry app

Guest TracMatt

I am just looking for something decent for windows and walls.  I would like it to be clear if possible.  I bought some off ebay and it is making my life very difficult.  It was low to med tack and well it isn't really either of those.  :lol:

Thanks,

Tracee

Tracee, I like PerfecTear!  It's not clear though....but it's the bomb!!!

Jenny

I've been using R-Tape Conform and it works great.  But, I did just order  some clear (also R-Tape Conform) so that I could do better on layering. 

Regis

Guest TracMatt

Thanks Ladies!

Between crappy app tape and crappy sign vinyl life is difficult these days.  But that is how we learn.

Tracee

Thanks Ladies!

Tracee

My wife would not think much of this   :lol:   And our children   ;)  and our granddaughter  :) and our greatgranddaughter   ;D  :)  ;D  ;D  ;D  ;D

Guest TracMatt

OMG LOL.  I thought it said Ralais.  I'm so sorry.  I saw the R and G and just went with it.

Too funny though.  It is very obvious that you are a male by the name, it was just a mistake of the eye. 

Tracee

Never had good luck with walls and clear. Windows sometimes, but a lot of the time windows need to be done wet or you will see many bubbles. I use R-Tape Clear Choice and R-Tape Conform.

I've been using R-Tape Conform and it works great.

+1

Just picked up my second roll of this, today.

OMG LOL.  I thought it said Ralais.  I'm so sorry.  I saw the R and G and just went with it.

Too funny though.  It is very obvious that you are a male by the name, it was just a mistake of the eye. 

Tracee

Your eyes tricked you again. I dont see a G in Ralais  :)  :):thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Guest TracMatt

Hey Joe you are right, must have been an A lol.  I had a horrible day and I just got home from family pics I didn't want to go to...can a girl get a break this time? please?  :thumbsup:

Tracee :thumbsup:

Currently, I get my app tape from Fellers. R-Tape conform 15"x100yards for $35 and some change.

There sure is a big difference between RTape Conform and Conform Clear.  I expected it to just be easier to see through but, it is like a totally different product.  Conform Clear is a lot tougher and thicker.  It streches and doesn't tear easily by hand like regular Conform.  It does seem to release about the same and definately comes off in one piece.  I think I will be using it for layering only, which is why I bought it.

Guest TracMatt

Okay so RTape would be best?  I need something a bit tackier I believe.

Tracee

R-tape is high tack.

I think BannerJohn uses TearPerfect, and loves it.

Trial and error, personal preferrence...

Tracee

Your eyes tricked you again. I dont see a G in Ralais  :rolleyes:   :):thumbsup: :thumbsup:

Joe... u know u c me all the time even when I'm not there too!!!

*it feels good to be loved*  ;D

Guest TracMatt

Aw feel the love ralais!  :thumbsup:

Tracee