CyberSultan

Shinerite

I know Shinerite (from Fellers) has been mentioned a couple times in the forum.  But wondering if more people have now purchased some of this vinyl and wanted to share what they think of it.  I have a project coming up for a couple hundred decals to be used on car windows.  I like the blue backing on the white Oracal 651 and the fact that it does really well with small, detailed work.  Does anyone know if Shinerite has a blue backing on their white?  You sure can't beat the price on Shinerite.  But wondering how it holds up to smaller, detailed work.

don't know but the finish is fabulous high shine nice.

and the price is right. i would use it again.

cyber i used it when u help me with that mag sign order i had with that smiley face.

it cut and weed like butter.

I'm not sure. Avery doesn't mention(in the Fellers) catalog that it has the blue back on white vinyl, so maybe ShineRite does too? You could always call Fellers and ask... I think they have one of the best customer service.

If you're a little worried about paying Fellers list price on the Oracal 651, you can fax them a page from another catalog with a cheaper price, and they will match the price. They will also keep that price on file for you, so you get that price each time.

Ordway Sign Supply(www.signsupply.com) has Oracal 651 (15"x10yards) in color for $14.95, fax that baby over to Fellers!

Can't say what they use now, but it used to have a white liner.  Last roll I bought was over a year ago, and that's the reason I haven't used it since.  It wasn't too bad for large type, but the little decals were just to hard to weed.

If you're a little worried about paying Fellers list price on the Oracal 651, you can fax them a page from another catalog with a cheaper price, and they will match the price. They will also keep that price on file for you, so you get that price each time.

Ordway Sign Supply(www.signsupply.com) has Oracal 651 (15"x10yards) in color for $14.95, fax that baby over to Fellers!

I just checked Ordway, and their prices are higher than US Cutter by about a dollar a roll for 15" x 10 yd.

Shinerite is all I use and has done very well for me.  I have had no issues with them.  White does have a blue backing.

It is all made by General Formulations under different names,, usually as a suppliers house brand.  I have been using it for over 4 years.  like it real well.

It is all made by General Formulations under different names,, usually as a suppliers house brand.  I have been using it for over 4 years.  like it real well.

Yep, GF makes alot of products you guys use and don't know who really makes them ;)

For a Noob starting out in the craft, is the shinerite 3 mil a cost effective product coming from the ebay sellers?

I bought too much of the BGS from USCutter when I originally bought a PCut. I've been using it for practice; some on my car, others all over the shop. RTape doesn't want to stick to BGS at all. Could this be a bad roll of RTape, or the character of BGS?

Since I plan on alot of motorcycle helmet graphics, I'm considering Oracal 751.

Your comments would be greatly appreciated.

-Chase

Never heard much good about the BGS, shinerite has been ok but I mainly stick to Oracal

Are you guys using Shinerite for less time intense things (short term banners, signs, etc)? I've always used Oracal 651 for mostly everything. Decals, Coro, and banners.

Guest manwayvan

Shinerite is a great vinyl and very much comparable to oracal..

that is all I use for over 4 years now. 5-6 year vinyl,  they also have a sale on 9 year cast right now.  ,  I purchase mine from earlmich.com