firemalt

What type of printer do I need to buy?

Since I have a heat press now... I guess I'll be in the market for a new home/office printer that will work with heat press material.

I know Epson makes those types of printers... but what is it, and what am I looking for(good features, etc)?

Thanks for all the help!!! I'd be lost without this place!

Guest fivestar

Sheila is the one for this I'd say.  But the c88 printer is the one everyone over at tshirtforums talks about.  I've never did printed transfers but I am thinking of getting one too and c88 is what I was going to get.

Since I have a heat press now... I guess I'll be in the market for a new home/office printer that will work with heat press material.

I know Epson makes those types of printers... but what is it, and what am I looking for(good features, etc)?

Thanks for all the help!!! I'd be lost without this place!

do u mean like photo t shirts? i use color laser printer for all of mine. i have an epson but i mainly use my color laser printer.

I have the Epson 1280....but I don't think they even make them anymore!!

If I ever decide to get one it'll be the epson 1400. It's a wider format, I'd be quite limited with 8.5".

So what's better Shelia... you got me all confused(well, more confused). An inkjet or a color laser printer? Do you mind telling me some pros and cons of each one?

well firemalt it's  like this. imo laser is better and cleaner. inkjet is okay  that's all i use to do back in the day. but once i discovered the laser side i went totally laser.

to me laser last longer and the paper and ink is cheaper. but the laser paper for darks needs more improvement. the inkjet laser for darks r better than laser for darks. they also have new options for laser printer paper that looks better than dtg and last longer. the paper is called  phototrans imageclip which is a two step process but the results r phenomenal. the drawback to the imageclip is it only is for white and light colors.

as far as the inkjet to me is more expensive to use. i only use it for dark photo t shirts when requested being that the dark papers for inkjet is softer than the dark paper for laser.

laser printers prices has really come down a lot. and u get more prints for ur money.

Guest fivestar

I told you she was the girl to talk to. :lol:

Yeah, but... I usually have to drink 3 or 6 beers to understand what she writes. I think her brain goes faster than her little fingers, sometimes, lol.

Love ya, Shelia!!!  :lol:

FM, I just got home from the mall and I saw a belt buckle with that thing in your avatar. Dude, I even see you offline, what a nightmare.

Guest fivestar

Actually what that is, is she has already had to 3-6 beers.  :lol::-X;D I kid I kid.  Sheila I can hear you know *in southern twang* "Oh my GOD David I can't believe you said that."

Guest fivestar

FM, I just got home from the mall and I saw a belt buckle with that thing in your avatar. Dude, I even see you offline, what a nightmare.

LMAO

omg david i can't believe u said that. lol haha five , too early for my mickey but caught me at ten pm hehe. i have had a hell of a day.

Yeah, but... I usually have to drink 3 or 6 beers to understand what she writes. I think her brain goes faster than her little fingers, sometimes, lol.

Love ya, Shelia!!!  :lol:

damn, haha i feel ya this time firemalt. i just went back and read my post. lol. i would have hated to have been drinking. did u understand it? hehe going to modify it.

Shelia... I have an HP 2175 inkjet all-in-one(scanner, printer, copier). Is this something I could use with heat press paper? Or would I need special ink?

Guest rvgraphixs

I use my dell 944 for transfers I have only done light. works great for mouse pads. The c88 can be converted for sublimation which is cool but still only 8.5 x 11.

firemalt, i don't see why not. but u may have some fading unless u use a new paper call jet pro soft stretch. they say it does not fade at all.

check it out on the t shirt forums. epson printers use pigment inks which does not fade or smear.

I have an epson R220 photo printer, can that be used for t shirt transfers, and if so, what ink do i use ?

hi primal, if i'm correct that printer uses dye inks and u may have some fading issues with ur tranfers.

epson always runs specials for a c120 for like 29-39 bucks. they use pigment inks and should not fade on u.

but u can try the jet press soft stretch papers that's suppose to work with any printer without fading and see if that works for u.

hope this helps ya.