Sign in to follow this  
tikilounge

help please ? jpg vectorizing.

i was wondering if somone could take a sec and vectorize this picture for me ? of if somone has a smiler immage its for a freinds graduation banner. this is his first car and i know it would mean alot to him .. thanks for taking the time to help a beginer out :D

thanks Ryan

post-417-12986512307786_thumb.jpg

post-417-12986512321957_thumb.jpg

I have tried with InkScape, but I am new......and tis not coming out all that well.

Guest Terry

I think you can only vectorize bmp. you can't vectorize a jpeg.

Yeah,you can vectorize a jpg in inkscape. The secret is to have a high resolution image with good clean lines. Color is hard. I always convert to black and white before I try to vectorize.

Go to google,do an image search for VW bug,see if you can find a better pic.

OR you can do what I did last week...a customer wanted a pic of her boyfriend on the banner. Well,I just printed a nice big pic on photo paper,lightly glued it to the banner,covered over it with CLEAR vinyl,then cut a nice frame from vinyl to go around it,cover up the edges of the clear. She LOVED it... and I must admit,it looked good. This of course wouldn't work for outdoor use if it rains unless you laminate it first (which I have done) but if it's for graduation.most likely it won't be outside for long,if at all.

Of course,if you have a color laser printer,which I don't,you could,in theory,print the pic directly onto white vinyl,etc. I have a friend who does labels this way,to put on the back of his banners.

Just a suggestion. I'm too tired to try vectorizing that pic right now,maybe in the morning if nobody beats me to it.