nonabelle

CHEAP WEEDING TOOLS

Hey John, I got the package. Man, you are so fast  :) I appreciate it! I cant wait to try those.

JC

the post office is fast. I couldn't be fast if my pants were on fire.

But I got back at him.

and how did u do that? :)

well, I didn't do it on Purpose...but one day he was drilling away and hit a nerve or something and I guess reflex action made my arm jerk out. My arm (and clinched fist) were just about level with his naughty bits. Get the picture? You have to be a guy to know what THAT pain is like.

BTW this is the same Dentist that once,when having a problem pulling one of my back teeth,actually put his knee on my chest for leverage.

I am happy to say that both my teeth and myself outlived him.

But I got back at him.

and how did u do that? :)

well, I didn't do it on Purpose...but one day he was drilling away and hit a nerve or something and I guess reflex action made my arm jerk out. My arm (and clinched fist) were just about level with his naughty bits. Get the picture? You have to be a guy to know what THAT pain is like.

BTW this is the same Dentist that once,when having a problem pulling one of my back teeth,actually put his knee on my chest for leverage.

I am happy to say that both my teeth and myself outlived him.

LOL, TOO FUNNY!

Yesterday I used the weeding tools John sent me and I HAVE to say that they are wonderful! WOW, what a difference they make. It is easier for sure to work with them. I dont want to weed anything with the X-acto blade ever again.

They are so useful, you can also clean your theeth with them... I did it and it was great... Actually iu didnt but I thought about it :o

I recommend them for sure.

JC

I had been using an old pick that I had laying around for awhile and it worked great. The point was a bit blunted, so I bought a couple new Craftsman picks (with padded grips) and did not like how sharp they were at all! I went back to my old trusty. I will just file the tip off of the new ones because they just grab too much of the backer while the duller one lifts the vinyl right off. Just a hint, if anyone can use it.

I read somewhere to use a x-acto knife to weed, so I tried it......yea right.  :huh:

I use a retractable x-acto. love it. the trick is to weed it at a decent angle. a soft touch and the vinyl will weed easy without marring the backing material.

others here like to dental picks. i tried those, but the ones that i have are too blunt and can't get good enough traction on the vinyl to weed.

Hi All ,

I bought a couple sets of those picks & like them alot . Harbor Freight also sells a set ( $1.99 on sale ) that has 4 picks with orange plastic handles. 1 in the set has a weird angle that is my favorite of anything I've used so-far .

Thanks for the info. Great deals. I ordered the picks, a 6 piece set of tweezers and a magnifying glass. 

Does the rounded tip allow you to "pick up" the vinyl?  Or is it better at "holding it down" when you are weeding?

I do wish they would open up an HF store here ;D

try michales i got mine from them the pick it was like 6.99 for a set of 3 with soem other things in it like tweezers and such theu got some other more exspinsive stuff but all does the same

:- Wowza did I get ripped off! LOL!!When I bought my Roland Sticka I also ordered window juice and a set of picks, strangely enough they look exactly ( down to the amount of picks in the package) like the 3.99 ones from harbor freight only I paid like 20.00 for them!! I have driven past many harbor freight stores never thought about going in.

Oh well I know where I will getting my other 2-3 sets of weeding tools!

Renee

Renee, HF has alot of little goodies.  I even picked up the magnifying light there, clamps to the table and really comes in handy for small detail weeding.

Where did you find the rounded tip picks? I could not find them on ebay.

I believe you can get those in any hobby store/craft store, They are used for dry embossing. I tried them as I had some hanging around, I didnt like them at all, they do not pick the vinyl up at all, there is no point so you cant grab the vinyl not even a little bit. Look in the scrapbook section of a michaels, hobby lobby or AC Moore, heck even walmart may have them.

Renee

^^^ +1. I got mine at Micheals. It's made by cricut and was only a couple bucks...In the scrapbook section.

Thanks guys for the heads up.  :angel: I went to HB other day and picked up some picks. The 4 piece set was single ended with a handle about 1/4 inch in dia. The six piece set is double ended with larger handles, but not much bigger. My fav so far is the one with an end like a cup hook with a very sharp point. Gets those little bitty pieces out. Another one has the right shape for holding down those really small pieces as u weed, just need to dull the point a little with my stone. Great 4 the price.  :o

HF has a set with orange handles . I like them the best . The 1 with several bends the best of those .  :o

If you have no HF or craft stores near you...try auto parts stores. They use them for removing 'o' rings.

I bought a set of the orange handled ones, long before I was considering vinyl work. They are for pulling Orings. I picked them up at one of the traveling tools sales that setup in a local armory. they were 1.99 for the set of 4. Funny thing is my local Oreillys sells the EXACT same tools, under a fancy label for 12.99.

that is the same set that Horrible Freight sells ( when on sale = $1.99 )

I just picked up what I hope will be good weeding tools from Wally World, in the dental isle they had a 3 piece set of dental picks with a mirror. I don't know how good they are but the handles are contoured and very comfortable in the hand. One is a pointed pick the other is dull ended (maybe to hold down small pieces?) and of course the mirror ( no use yet - but I am thinking about it)