cbs1963

iNCREASING DOWN FORCE CUTTING PRESSURE

How do I increase the down force to cut a little deeper?  Looked in setup, did not see cutting pressure.

I think it is on the machine. Take it offline and press the function button until you see force.

Thanks for the help.  It's set to 100.  Ben cutting t-shirt vinyl.  Tried some other that cut but did not week easy.  The blade did not score the transfer sheet at all so I thought that increasing pressure might help the weeding little.  Any idea what increments to try?

i go in increments of 10 but ive never cut shirt vinyl is there an difference in thickness to sign vinyl ?

I've been trying to work with Videoflex t-shirt vinyl.  Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.  I'm new to vinyl.  The Videoflex has a low tack backing, really makes weeding tough.  I've cut 3 things today, all three had needed parts that peeled up with the weeding.  I was not just pulling either, I was trying to avoid pulling up the design.  I think having vinyl with more tack makes the process easier.  I did increase cutting pressure, but no change in weeding.  I really think it's the amount of stickiness that keeps the design in-tact.  What do you guys think about this?

I've been trying to work with Videoflex t-shirt vinyl.  Thanks for all the help, I appreciate it.  I'm new to vinyl.  The Videoflex has a low tack backing, really makes weeding tough.  I've cut 3 things today, all three had needed parts that peeled up with the weeding.  I was not just pulling either, I was trying to avoid pulling up the design.  I think having vinyl with more tack makes the process easier.  I did increase cutting pressure, but no change in weeding.  I really think it's the amount of stickiness that keeps the design in-tact.  What do you guys think about this?

videoflex yuk, it sucks. i hate that vinyl. i don't use it. i tried that mess and sent it back. why r u using that for t shirts or what. there r other vinyls availble.

Well nonabelle its like this, Coastal business had a booth at a show.  I registered and they gave me a credit.  I ordered two rolls of the Videoflex because it was a lower cost to practice on.  At the time I knew nothing about the tack of vinyl, I thought everything was sticky.  It didn't cost much, but I wish I had got something easier. I'll try to use it for really large text or something.  Live and learn.

Well nonabelle its like this, Coastal business had a booth at a show.  I registered and they gave me a credit.  I ordered two rolls of the Videoflex because it was a lower cost to practice on.  At the time I knew nothing about the tack of vinyl, I thought everything was sticky.  It didn't cost much, but I wish I had got something easier. I'll try to use it for really large text or something.  Live and learn.

yeah, i feel u on that one. that's how i ended up with it. but i sent mine back. sorry that happened to u. :thumbsup:

I did use it today to make a shirt.  Had three large words on front and four words on back.  Peeled it carefully, left room around each part.  It is harder but it does work if you watch closely.  I would never want to use it to make very many shirts though.  I'll save it for large numbers and names.  Hey nonabelle, is it just trial and error to get the cutter to cut deeply enough on different types of vinyl.  On my other vinyl it cuts through and scores the backing, on the Videoflex it cuts through but does not score the backing.   

I did use it today to make a shirt.  Had three large words on front and four words on back.  Peeled it carefully, left room around each part.  It is harder but it does work if you watch closely.  I would never want to use it to make very many shirts though.  I'll save it for large numbers and names.  Hey nonabelle, is it just trial and error to get the cutter to cut deeply enough on different types of vinyl.  On my other vinyl it cuts through and scores the backing, on the Videoflex it cuts through but does not score the backing.   

cbs i try to always do a test cut before cutting. that eliminates a lot of headaches. most times on my t shirt vinyl i use which is spectra eco film or thermoflex plus i use the force of 120-130 with no problems. on my foils and metallics i use 135 -145. this is with my original blade i purchase with cutter. on a new blade i was at 110 regular vinyl and 130 with metallics and foils. i hope this helps.

Thanks nonabelle, that helps alot.  I wondered how much "play" you could have with the cutter depth.  With such small increments it is very adjustable.  I wanted to start out with some cheap stuff in case I messed some up.  But so far the cutter has worked great and I have not lost any vinyl to error.  I've heard good things about eco film.  Does the hot peel make transferring faster?

Thanks nonabelle, that helps alot.  I wondered how much "play" you could have with the cutter depth.  With such small increments it is very adjustable.  I wanted to start out with some cheap stuff in case I messed some up.  But so far the cutter has worked great and I have not lost any vinyl to error.  I've heard good things about eco film.  Does the hot peel make transferring faster?

not only does it make it faster, u don't have to have heat press at but 302 more or less and dwell time is 5-15 secs. depending on ur press. medium pressiure not heavy. i love it.

nonabelle, have you ever had problems with vinyl not transferring properly.  So far everything I've tried has worked on the press just fine.  Can't tell you how many printed transfers did not work right.  Vinyl has transferred every time for me.  I was just wondering if it ever fails.

yeah, i tried using some glitter from richardson and signwarehouse that wouldn't press at all. of course they were samples :huh:

I am a little apprehensive about trying glitter and foilsl.  Got some easy weed, made things better for smaller print.  Guess it'll be eco film next.  Thanks alot.

I tried to move the pressure settings up to cut some card stock. 1. the paper barely fits into the cutter, and 2. the pressure only goes to 200. I thought the max on this was 400?

Anyone else try to cut paper?

The pressure is 200 (something metric), which is about 400g from my understanding. I have cut Stencil or Oil board with our cutters using max downforce and a 60 degree blade. I think card stock is thinner than Stencil board.

I cut card stock all the time on my Pcut... I use a 60deg blade for just about everything and it cuts the stock at about 110 on the Pcut scale

I cut card stock all the time on my Pcut... I use a 60deg blade for just about everything and it cuts the stock at about 110 on the Pcut scale

The card stock barely fits under the blade, and it is scratching the paper as it cuts. How do you keep the paper from falling apart as it cuts? I have the Laserpoint 24"

The card stock barely fits under the blade, and it is scratching the paper as it cuts. How do you keep the paper from falling apart as it cuts? I have the Laserpoint 24"

Lift the blade holder up a bit in the carriage arm, then tighten it back down so the lip of the blade holder is above the carriage arm, and not resting on top of it. When I cut Stencil Board, I used a scrap piece as the backing, and taped the good piece on top of it.

Thanks, I didn't know you could move the blade holder up and have it still cut. The machine isn't working today, so I am waiting for customer support to get back with me. I will try and let you know.

scott