Hello everyone!

I purchased an SC2 28” for my wife as a gift and she has decided it is too much machine for what she wants. I have reached out to USCUTTER and unfortunately they will not take it back since it is outside of the window and recommended I posted it for sale on this forum. 

This machine is opened and stand is built but it has never been used. The blade carrier still has the factory zip tie on it. 

Please reach out if interested or have any other suggestions for where to post. It is not doing any good just sitting in the office. 

IMG_5079.jpeg

IMG_5078.jpeg

Good morning, Seattle.

A few questions for you ---- what was your wife intending to accomplish with a cutter? When you say it's "too much" are you referring to the overall size? What made you believe your spouse was requiring a cutter at all?

Also, there is a section of these Forums dedicated to Buy, Sell, and Trade which would be the logical place to post your offer.

Beyond that, try Facebook/Meta marketplace (or Craigslist, if you dare) and make sure the price is right.  There are SC2 machines as low as $340 from the USCUTTER warehouse, so your offer to sell should be less than that. I'm thinking around $250 is in the ballpark.

You don't mention here, but when advertising, don't forget to mention it comes with a fresh (Unregistered) copy of VinylMasterCUT.

I will say one more thing. When someone comes to look at it to buy, they'll want to see it working, not just sitting there with a zip-tie (anyone can zip-tie a broken/malfunctioning unit and say it's 'new' ). In order to provide a live-action demonstration, download and install SignBlazer Elements and choose LiYu as the cutter model, which will get the cutter to respond.

Good luck.

• Like 1

Good morning! 

Appreciate the reply! I didn’t see the buy, sell section at first glance but I will check that out. 

She has been using a table top sized cutter for years and has been talking about wanting to make larger designs, so, trying to be intuitive… : ) I tried to surprise her with a setup. She installed the software it came with and has played around with that, so I will have to take a look at whether it was registered or not. 

Thanks for the tips! I will download that software you mentioned. I know I would want to see it working too if I was buying. My goal was to just show it hadn’t been used. 

OK, I'm getting a feel for why you are unloading this unit.

From what you described, it's the software which intimidates/disappoints your spouse. VinylMaster has a fairly steep learning curve for newbies, and although it's full-featured, that unto itself makes it somewhat difficult to grasp the fundamentals.

I've stuck with SignBlazer since getting my first cutter a decade ago (back then, USCUTTER still bundled it with their equipment). The cartoon-like interface appealed to me when I started doing this work, and it still does.

Perhaps if your wife likes using the SignBlazer program, then she'll want to retain the unit and you don't have to take a loss on it.

• Like 1

If she has software she knows how to use and likes, see if it has an export option for the design. If she can export it as an EPS she can then use VinylMaster to import the image and just to do the cutting and maybe over time learn a bit more on using VM to do the design work.