I have a problem with a Creation CT630H. I instalad Sigh Blazer, and configure the cutter port as Xon/Xoff control, 34800 bauds. The cutter start the job, but don't do all the cuts, it let some parts uncutted, doesn't matter what to cut, I got letters uncuted on a simple word of text, and from time to time the head goes top left and keep there until I turn off and on again.I tried different baudrates and control, but then the head just don't move... can anybody put me in the right direcction to find the problem, please?

THANKS

Set it for 9600 baud and Flow Control to 'hardware' and make sure you have the correct COM port configured.

Are you using USB or Serial cable?

Set it for 9600 baud and Flow Control to 'hardware' and make sure you have the correct COM port configured.

Are you using USB or Serial cable?

First, THANKS for your answer... I am using USB. WIth 9600 baud and flow control set to hard,  it roll out the vinyl, and never start to cut... 

The first thing I would do is uninstall and reinstall SBE, using this link:

(bad link removed --  scroll down to my next post to see a working download host)

Secondly, does the cutter perform the self-test cut correctly? (using the TEST function on the keypad).

In the opening posting, you indicated the cutter head does move and cut some of the job, but intermittently. (with the baud high and the flow to x) Now, with what should be the correct setting at 9600 and hardware, you say it doesn't move.

This seems to indicate a circuitry failure of some sort in the motherboard, which is not something we can troubleshoot.
Or, it's even possible the USB cable itself isn't properly transferring data.

Do you have an option to switch over to Serial (RS232)?

I can't reinstall  sb with the  the exe on this link, I get "failed to read setup engine" error message .

Self-test works fine, cuts a perfect rectangle...the cutter worked fine, my problem started when I changed  to a new laptop with Windows 11. because the old pc I was using  with old windows and Flexi 10 died suddenly... rest in pieces :D

With the new laptop I am trying Sign Blazer and Artcut 2009... both have problems depending on how I configure the port, so, I think this must be the problem, and I don't remember my old port configuration. I  lost Flexi software when the old pc die. I am sure there is no hardware problem, all was working fine with old pc. I tried with different usb cables,  with the same result, and this new laptop have no RS232 port. I emailed Creation two weeks ago, asking for the right configuration, bur they don¡t answered me yet

Thanks again for your help

Dang, you are right about that version of SBE installer on ButtonTaylor server, something is not right with it, unfortunately.

Finding a good copy of SignBlazer installer is nearly impossible these days.
USCUTTER discontinued hosting it on their site (archives) and most of the other links all over the internet are broken.

I did create access on MediaFire at https://www.mediafire.com/file/fjk69hgu2cpnr16/signblazer_setup.exe/file

However, I doubt the problem is with the program, and tend to agree you have something happening with the port config.

failed.jpg

Thanks for the file. I think maybe is the driver... I installed the FTDI driver from the website, but maybe the specific creation CT630H usb to com driver is needed... I will email them again, because I can't find the original CD and there is no download links in Creation web...

10 weeks  on . . .

Hi , I have this cutter and it needs 38400 baud setting.

It worked well with signblazer on a windows 7 laptop, until the cutter's usb port broke loose.

I'm  using it now ,still only very basic text stuff,  with the serial port on an old xp tower.

I guess it's a settings issue but maybe try another usb cable

With the old laptop, where you using the serial port? And the new laptop you're using USB? If installing the cutters drivers don't fix the problem I'd suggest trying a usb to serial adapter, a good one. The recommended one from users here is the Tripp-lite KeySpan adapter. It's a bit pricy but it is known to work. You might be able to get away with a cheaper one, but I'd stick with Tripp-lite. I've used their cheaper adapters for years one various projects at work and home.