arkitektor

Cannot import *.ai files into vinyl master cut

It was working really nice, importing illustrator text file into VinylMaster, but suddenly, started showing some wierd characters instead of paragraphs. So, i close the app, clean temporary files and restart my PC. Now, dont import any illustrator file with an editable text in it. If the file has some path in it, the preview windows shows. But if the file have only paragraphs, dont even show the window.

I dont convert text to outlines in illustrator, because i need that Vinyl Master put the weed lines into the text. 

The file is what i want to import. That is an editable text in illustrator

Anyone with this issue?? Any solution??

corte_gc2.ai

Post the file for someone to look at, if not copyrighted. Maybe the file has a problem. We don't know what you have.

I already put the file

I made another folder and this what shows when i try to import

cutter.jpg

What are your plans to do with that file? You say weedlines, So is your plans to cut that?  if so on which vinyl cutter? 

I want to cut that text, and i need the weed line that goes in the middle of every line of text. In order to do that, i have to import the illustrator file with editable text.

i´m using a Titan 3

As i said before, it was working fine, until today.

i1.jpg

Someone else is going to have to look at your file, I downloaded that file into 2 different Flexi programs and I don't get anything that looks like that. What I get is not even a vector. And says something about it being a PDF. I can't even read it.  Sorry .  My software said that it didn't have the font being used also. I am not going to download it. 

pdf.JPG

Thank you for your support!

i attach two ai files. In the number one, the file can be imported without any issue, but number 2 dont. The wierd thing is that both files was exported in the same file with two different artboards. Came from the same file.

the image you post said: 
This is an adobe illustrator file saved without pdf content. 

i double check, and from my end every is checked with pdf compatibility. Check the pdf attached, even that show the same error, when you tried to import the file into Vinyl Master

corte_gc2.ai

corte_gc1.ai

corte_gc2.pdf

yes, gc1 works but gc2 dont. so i cant find where the issue come from.  Because both files were exported from a single master file.

For me, the pdf shown the same wierd chracters error that the ai file.

As far i can remember the only thing i made different perhaps was, that i tryed to open a file in the Vinyl master while was cutting in the vinyl spooler. 

I cannot answer what you are doing in Illustrator, I don't use Illustrator or Vinyl Master. This is your PDF in Graphtec  Pro. Studio, made by Flexi software.  It is a vector and works fine. Can't you type that text out in Vinyl Master cut, instead of importing from Illustrator?

PDF GRAPHTEC STUDIO.jpg

Where are the weedlines in that vector file you presented here, Skeeter? There are supposed to be weedlines right across the middle of each line of text.

Where are the weedlines in that vector file you presented here, Skeeter? There are supposed to be weedlines right across the middle of each line of text.

I wasn't supposed to show weedlines.  If the file is correct, the OP can add weedlines in their cut/plot.  I am showing that the files work.  We have totally different cutting softwares.  She cannot get files to work at all in her software.  She cannot import them correctly..  There are no weedlines until the file goes to the cut/plot in my software.  Does her first picture look like a good file to you? With all the tiny squares and numbers, and characters? When It is supposed to be something totally different.?   Slice, can you import the first file?  the gc2.ai file with your software? Or the PDF file correctly? You have Vinyl Master.  That is the problem.  Here is the picture on my software with weedlines, It doesn't help her any. 

weedlines.jpg

Are you making these files?  Best to export as an .eps. Most any software can import an .eps file.  Here is your PDF.  I exported as .eps

arkitektor.eps

I try that already, i was able to open the file in Vinyl máster cut and put the weedlines i need. But as you can see un the image you post, the letters  aren't welded, i tried to do that inside VM Cut, but doesn't work. 

I run a test in another pc with Illustrator, saving the file as i was doing before. The results are the same. So, the essue Is inside VM Cut. 

Tomorrow i Will try reinstalling the app.

try this

weld.eps

The VM Cut, doesn´t recognize it well. That why a need import it as an editable text.  Because to be able to put the weeding lines, VM Cut have to read it as text. See picture attached
if i want to do all inside VM Cut, as you suggested, I cant, because VM Cut allow only lines of text, not paragraph. i need to set an exact wide. In order to do that i have to purchase the PRO licence, and i dont want spend more money. It was working just fine, until friday, dont know what happen. 

error2.jpg

Have you tried to use Free inkscape design software or Free Signblazer design/ cut?  Both soft wares have more features than Vinyl Master Cut.  I think in Signblazer people are using the COPAM driver to cut with the Titans. Many people didn't want to give up Signblazer, when they got new cutters.   Signblazer is abandonware, but it is a full featured software.  Just not updated, because owner passed away.  Designs not created in Signblazer,  like created in illustrator are exported version 8 .eps for Signblazer. 

I try that already, i was able to open the file in Vinyl máster cut and put the weedlines i need. But as you can see un the image you post, the letters  aren't welded, i tried to do that inside VM Cut, but doesn't work. 

I run a test in another pc with Illustrator, saving the file as i was doing before. The results are the same. So, the essue Is inside VM Cut. 

Tomorrow i Will try reinstalling the app.

If you can import and old file just fine but a new one you can not, that would indicate the problem is not VM but the file itself. AI is doing something different. My guess is there was some minor update. One of the many reasons i hate auto updates.

Here is what i found.

• The Font that i use (Montserrat) is in the Windows Fonts folder. But it look like VM Cut doesn´t load it (see images 2 and 3)
  • I made a simplier version, using a default Windows Font (arial) but even that shows errors. (see image 1) There spaces between " Madre that are not in the PDF nor in the AI
  • Exported a PDF file and tryed to import, but no recognize all characters (see image 4). If you open the PDF attached, you will see that everything is ok. But when i try to import it into VM Cut. Show the errors you can see in the image 4.
  • I try also reinstall VM Cut, but the issue persist.
  • It seem the issue happen when VM Cut load the fonts. Because if you look in the image 04-PDF, VM Cut change the font. That is not Montserrat, is arial. That image is taken from trying to import test-montserrat.pdf

test-montserrat.ai

test-montserrat.pdf

test-arial.pdf

test-arial.ai

01-arial.jpg

02-issue.jpg

03-issue.jpg

04-PDF.jpg

y

Have you tried to use Free inkscape design software or Free Signblazer design/ cut?  Both soft wares have more features than Vinyl Master Cut.  I think in Signblazer people are using the COPAM driver to cut with the Titans. Many people didn't want to give up Signblazer, when they got new cutters.   Signblazer is abandonware, but it is a full featured software.  Just not updated, because owner passed away.  Designs not created in Signblazer,  like created in illustrator are exported version 8 .eps for Signblazer. 

i tryed to find the signblazer, and i found it, But is asking me for an activation key

There is no activation key,  Use TRIAL, It is an unlimited trial. It is abandonware.  If you go to the 2nd post down for Slice&dice  there is a download link that works

I know you already said VM Cut doesn't do paragraphs, just makes it one long line, but can't you hit return and add lines your self. That's how people had to do it back in the day with typewritters. A touch annoying I agree, but if it's what you have to do to get it to work till someone can find a fix, so be it.

Regarding SignBlazer, we know that it will not import AI .eps files after v.8, due to its legacy age (the program was discontinued in 2008, upon the untimely death of Alfred David Jeremy "Jerry" Bonham).

In 2012, someone 'cracked' the registration/trial scheme and eliminated that within the hybrid version I've linked on MediaFire's servers. However, due to that special code within the installer, most anti-virus defenders will alert and prevent download/install and report it as a malicious file (it might even be listed as a Trojan danger).

It is not a problem .exe at all. Go ahead and disable the anti-virus protector, and allow SignBlazer to run.
I believe that USCUTTER decided to stop hosting the file due to this so-called 'danger' reporting.

Anyway, good luck, let us know what you discover regarding the introduction of weedlines and paragraphs and being able to work in SBE with your project.  http://www.thebuttontaylor.com/sb/signblazer7_setup.exe

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.