1clo1

Cutter issue

Hello,

Does anyone else have a problem where your wireless mouse and keyboard stop working when you plug in the USB for the cutter, if so how did you resolve this?

It has been working fine until today, the wireless mouse and keyboard quit responding today. no know updates or changes to the computer.

No, I have never had a problem, but what happens when everything is already plugged in, when you turn your computer on? Is everything working then?  Sometimes when a computer is on and you plug your vinyl cutter in, it will cause the computer to assign a different com port number than what it already had. Always best to have a dedicated computer and don't unplug it.  My computer is never unplugged from the vinyl cutter. 

What about if you plug any other USB device in, does that cause the keyboard/mouse to die? Have you tried plugging the Keyboard/Mouse receiver into a different port? Or the cutter into a different port? Sounds to me like you have a computer issue, not a cutter issue.

In my setup, when I plug in the USB, my TV turns on, and the lights go off, then the microwave starts, and the drink blender whirls.

:ph34r:

Reminds me of another Spielberg classic -- C.E.T.K -- the scene where all the appliances in the home are activated by aliens.

https://youtu.be/wp6Pb1PzJaQ?t=286

What about if you plug any other USB device in, does that cause the keyboard/mouse to die? Have you tried plugging the Keyboard/Mouse receiver into a different port? Or the cutter into a different port? Sounds to me like you have a computer issue, not a cutter issue.

it only happens when I plug in the cutter, no matter what port I plug the cutter or keyboard/mouse into. It happens even when I plug the cutter in and then turn the computer on.

I can plug in any other device and the mouse/ keyboard works fine. everything else works except the keyboard mouse when I plug in the cutter.

just started recently, and only on 1 computer. I think I agree darc shadow that it is a computer problem.

Does anyone have any ideas? 

If it works on a second computer, does that computer have the same OS?

While this is really hard to troubleshoot from where we sit, I have an idea.

Instead of letting the computer device manager assign a COM port for the USB, how about if you go in and manually select one? This is accomplished using the Device Manager and opening/double clicking the PORTS (com), then Port Settings, then Advanced, and change COMPORT number (drop-down list).

Alternatively, install a VCP (virtual com port) and have your cutter use that. http://kiss.flyduino.net/download/stm32-virtual-com-drivers-64bit-pc