pawdell

¿Tips For Cutting Through Material With CE-6000-60 Plus?

I have developed a tool holder to allow me to cut through vinyl and backing with my CE-6000-60 Plus and wonder if I can get any tips when cutting material. Since cutting completely through can leave the balance of material structurally compromised, I find that as the vinyl is rolled, it can get bunched up. I only have the two push rollers, so I have to watch the cutting process more carefully and try to "help" as the job progresses. I'm not sure additional push rollers would even help with some of my designs.

Do I need to plan on leaving more material (more waste) to help make sure the jobs are completed without problems? The software I am using does not present built in holding tabs to help hold the material for post processing, so I am looking into alternative methods or possibly reprogram the software to optionally include tabs.

What tips can you give me?

Thanks!!

These cutters are not designed to cut through material, they need something on the back side to support the material being cut, ie vinyl. They make cutting mats that you can stick your material to so that the cutter can cut all they way through yet still have a "backing" that holds everything in place.

Why are you cutting through the vinyl and backing?

• Thanks 1

Ah - I see. I didn't think about the mat.Thanks.

I find that some non-USA models offer the cut out holder position. We are planning on offering cut-out standard contact paper (and vinyl) designs for various craft project requests.

Ah - I see. I didn't think about the mat.Thanks.

I find that some non-USA models offer the cut out holder position. We are planning on offering cut-out standard contact paper (and vinyl) designs for various craft project requests.

I cut stencils from time to time out of used carrier sheet and have found that applying a couple layers of transfer paper to the back side to act as a cutting mat works pretty good. 

• Thanks 2

Thanks for that tip. Is it your goal to avoid cutting through all the transfer paper in order to keep structural integrity while cutting?