Sign in to follow this  
KoMckenzie

Graphtec CE7000

Hello everyone I have the graphtec ce7000 and my question is how do I resize my job size to cut my image out correctly? The cutter is either cutting above or below my image and not the actual image itself.

Hello,  Please rephrase your question.

Are you attempting to "contour cut" a printed graphic? (image)

You're using registration marks?

Software?

Yes I’m using registration marks and I use abode illustration with cutting master 4. I upload my image yes I use contour cut but when my graphtec cutter starts to cut it cut out my image but it’s never on point it’s always above or under.

Since you have purchased this cutter, have you ever calibrated the cutter to the software?  It should be done. Cut a 3" x 3" square. Then measure it. Make sure it is exactly 3" x 3". If not then you need to change the step size (Resolution) in your cutting software, so the size is exact.  Make sure your pinch rollers are the exact same distance from the vinyl edge.

No I haven’t calibrated the cutter since I bought it so can you walk me through the steps on how to do so? What software do you use and where do I go to change the the size?

I just told you how to do it. Read it again.  I don't use your software.  I use Flexistarter. Go to the top of your layout screen, HELP. should be there. Look for Resolution.  Calibration. HELP is your user manual for your software.  If the size is already correct, then you don't need to change it.

If on Windows computer, didn't you get FREE Graphtec Pro Studio software with that cutter?  Over a $1000 free software program made by Flexi. Design and Cut for Windows only.  Even if you still wanted to design in Illustrator, you could still cut with it. 

Only by using Windows.  Bootcamp etc.  Or purchase a cheap windows computer.  You don't need a fancy computer for vinyl cutting.   I am still back on Windows XP laptop on my FC 7000. Graphtec. I pick up cheap computers on EBAY.   But I also have a FC8000,  I picked up cheap Windows 7 and added Window 10 to it.   One member on here converted her Mac to Windows, so she could use The Graphtec Pro Studio. Which is pretty much like Flexisign Pro, without the RIP.

With Windows, you can also use the Graphtec Cutting Controller, which is a big PLUS.  Change settings right from your computer.  Only a couple Mac users here who answer questions.  Most of us are Windows users.   This forum is volunteers answering questions.  Best to have a designated computer for your cutter.

I have a MacBook any suggestions on how I can get that software 

Graphtec offers a Mac version called Graphtec Studio, it's a basic, watered down version of the Windows counter part. In reality, you can use any cutting software that will support the CE7000.

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1