vbndoug

It's Softball Season

This is one of the first items that I created. Car sticker for my step-daughter. I created a logo for her dad and for practice decided to make it as a sticker. 7 layers..  whew..

D1-Sticker.jpg

D1-logo.jpg

Car-Sticker.jpg

Good stuff.

When you're done with that new company sign (the one you had to clean off the old lettering), let's take a look-see.

Also, on the above logo, I count 4 colors/layers only, not 7.  (Red, Black, Yellow, White) ---  what are the other 3 ?

@slice&dice So...

1. Bottom red
  2. Yellow ball
  3. black laces
  4. Red laces,
  5. White Text back
  6. Black Text
  7. White stroke on Black text.

I guess I could have welded the text into 2 colors, but I wanted the practice. 

This is the very first sign I made. Next to the front door of my office. 

Our new CEO is not a fan of printed paper stuck to the wall with tape. That is why we bought the MH-871. 

deliveries-sign.jpg

This is one of the first items that I created. Car sticker for my step-daughter. I created a logo for her dad and for practice decided to make it as a sticker. 7 layers..  whew..

D1-Sticker.jpg

Looks great, but one bit of nit picking about the image itself, the laces are backwards on one side. The bit of a V shape created by the laces should be going up on one side, and down on the other. Sorry, one of those things that was pointed out to me once and now I notice all the time.

I would flip that truck around, to be facing in the same direction of the arrow..

Truck is going the wrong way.. :)  Point to the correct way.

Looks great, but one bit of nit picking about the image itself, the laces are backwards on one side. The bit of a V shape created by the laces should be going up on one side, and down on the other. Sorry, one of those things that was pointed out to me once and now I notice all the time.

Thanks.. Completely missed that.

If you're running four colors on the softball, you should be able to do it in four layers rather than seven. It's just a matter of figuring out how best to setup each cut of color, and which order to layer it in. I understand your thought process though. We all started somewhere, and while you think it's kind of a waste of time, it'll be worth while trying to figure it out, because you will come across more projects that will require layering, and if you take the time to figure it out on the personal, fairly smaller design, then you can hit the ground running for the commercial/larger jobs. Kudos to you on your first go around, my first try looked nothing like it was supposed to. :P

• Like 1

For that design, I would try a solid red circle, then yellow with the red areas cut out, then white, then black. I could see maybe doing the black part of the laces before the white but with practice as haunmana said, you should only have to do as many layers as colors.

• Like 2