AlexSGP

Moving error on cutting plotter KI-720A - Help pls!

Hello everybody!

Recently bought a Vevor KI-720A to do small things around the house, just a hobby! The software that came with it is SignMaster 3.x and the few times I used it it worked correctly, but I took advantage of the discount and updated it to the CUT V5 Basic Edit version, everything is working with the exception of the following:

During the contour cutting process, when I'm going to align the 4 points, if for some reason I click on the arrow to move the head to the right, it moves to the left and if I don't reset or turn off the head it keeps crashing at the end until I turn it off or do a reset (There is no limit switch on both sides).

The impression I have is that when I press the button to the right, the SignMaster sends a negative number and I put the head in ZERO and it moves to the opposite side as if it were to take a turn. Has anyone had a similar problem? Do you have any tips to solve this problem? Thank you all!

That software is produced/distributed by Future Corp. and it might be worthwhile for you to contact them directly.

That software is produced/distributed by Future Corp. and it might be worthwhile for you to contact them directly.

Hello, Thanks for your reply!
I also made a ticket with them, if you have a solution from them I'll leave the feedback here.
Thanks!

Alex, in general, we advise against trying to 'fix' something that ain't broke to begin with.

That includes updating operating systems and/or software which functions just fine as it is.

Some of us still are running old laptop computers with WinXP, and a cut/design program (SBE) that is now abandonware, and ported through DB9 legacy cables (RS232 serial connection).

Having said that, if you revert to the SignMaster v3, does the cutter respond properly?

Just to be clear, the few times you used it before upgrading, did you do contour cutting and that worked? The problem you're describing does not sound like it would be software related, sounds more like a problem with the cutter itself.