Over the Hill

VinylMaster Spooler not responding

At my wits end.  I have a Roland CAMM 1-Pro CX-300 vinyl cutter (bought in 2001).  I am using VinylMaster LTR 4.0 and have had very good luck with it for the past 3 years now.  Running Windows 10 on a Dell laptop.  For no reason that I can find, I started to get 'spooler not responding' errors.  It only happened a couple times, and simply turning off and on the machine seemed to fix the issue.  Now, all of a sudden, the error is all I get.  I can work for literally hours turning the machine off and on, reloading the original software, using the software to 'detect' the cutter, which it says it does, still nothing.  Then, for no reason whatsoever I'll click cut and suddenly it works!   It will work fine until I stop for the day and shut down the machine/software. Then I'm starting all over again to try and get it running.  I have worked with the techs at USCutter and nothing they have suggested works.  Started looking for help at Roland and they say, "sorry, machine is too old and we don't support it technically any longer".  Ugh.  Now, I'm not sure if it truely is a software issue or something wrong with the cutter itself.  I run the test function on the cutter itself and it works fine, but I don't believe it is testing the incoming data from the computer itself.  I don't know how to test the machine to see where the problem lies, computer, software or the cutter itself.  I really don't want to buy a new cutter because I am not a business, just a guy who does odd jobs for people.  Does anyone have any suggestions?  Thank you in advance.  

Roland CX300 is listed on Signblazer which is free software, and even though it has not been updated, many still use it.  Maybe give it a try. 

Win10. The bane to some people's cutting life. There is a chance that Win10 (automatically) downloaded an update that has unknowingly caused the connection to be hinky. If you have access to an older Win7 or WinXP, I would try with that. If you don't, then at the very least, take your Win10 machine offline. I don't know if it's worth the hassle of deactivating the license, and trying to reinstall, or just waiting to see what VM has to say about it.

A possible workaround, is as what Skeeter has suggested, download and install SignBlazer and at least get your machine going until you can figure out the issue with the VM/Cutter spooler.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.