Guest Blaine

I have a line drawing I imported as a pdf, is there a way to fill the lines to make solid objects?

Guest Blaine

So I drew something up in autocad... I drew the lines I wanted to be the blade path. It recognises each line individually but the white space in-between is what I want to be the actual object. How do I fill in these lines?

16758938026107939572425209651527.jpg

Depends on the line, is it an actual line, or is it an object? If it's an object, and it is all actually joined like it looks and not individual lines, you can do a break apart and then delete/weld parts to get the design you want.

If the line is an actual line, and again they are all joined, you just need to apply a fill. I doubt they are lines though.

AutoCad typically creates drawings that look good, but the are actually composed of a individual lines and don't import nicely into other vector programs.

So I drew something up in autocad... I drew the lines I wanted to be the blade path. It recognises each line individually but the white space in-between is what I want to be the actual object. How do I fill in these lines?

16758938026107939572425209651527.jpg

Hi

Please elaborate what you are trying to achieve. The vinyl cutter blade will cut on the line and it depends whether you need a normal sticker or a skeleton or negative cut sticker that you weed around. 

However, if your issue is it lifts up at the end of each line, then use PEDIT command in autocad, select any line, press Y for yes then J for join and select everything. It will make all connected objects as one polyline. I always use AutoCAD and Polylines get imported nicely. This PEDIT command converts all individual shapes into one polyline and the cutter software is convinced that the whole polyline is one single shape rather than a number of shapes.

Give this file a try. I am pretty confident that you shouldn't have any problem with this file.

Alternatively, you can send me your file (dxf) and I will have a look at it.

Natasha.dxf

Unless you're trying to pen plot the design, it's not necessary for the design to be filled with color.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.