Over the Hill

Vinyl Master Won't Work

First, I am not a business, just a guy who helps friends/family by cutting vinyl.  I have been running VinylMaster on a HP desktop for several years now and because of general computer issues, I am switching to a DELL laptop.  I also use a Roland CX-300 vinyl cutter.  I put the VinylMaster software on the new Dell laptop, deactivated the software on the old machine (have only one license).  Walked through all the setup stuff for the software and adding the Roland drivers to the software.  Can not cut.  I keep getting "Vinyl spooler not responding".  Walked through all the setup stuff again and according to the software, the device is detected and ready to cut.  Nothing.  Same error message.  So I could at least keep working, I deactivated software on the new machine and reactivated the software on the old machine and now, neither one of them will send a cut to the cutter. Can not figure out what I am doing wrong.  Put new cables on, tried removing software, then re-introducing, but nothing works.  Anyone have any ideas?  Thank you. 

Yes, 2 of them actually.   I have continually worked with this issue over the last two days and minimal success.  I have absolutely confirmed that the software is activated.  I have gone through all of the setup processes that the software recommends.  I can't tell you how many times I have turned off-on the machine to confirm that the software is connected.  Yesterday, for whatever reason, it started to cut!  Yea!   Could not figure out why.  I thought, great, I got it.  Then, this morning, I turned on my laptop, and tried to cut another test piece, and NOTHING.  No matter what I do, it will not get past the Vinyl Spooler screen.  It just sits there and spins.  I've walked through every, and I mean every option the software offers and everything it says indicates that it should be working.    I'm at my wit's end.  I need this to work.   Any thoughts and/or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Whenever there is some sort of connection issue, it's best to go to the tried-and-true SignBlazer which is like the can-opener of cutters, and it allows you to at least troubleshoot to see if the cutter (hardware) is somehow at fault, or if there's something else going on.

Are you using USB? Does the computer register a USB device is connected? If not, try a different port or different cable. Or try using the serial connection option.

What OS are you running?

Is your laptop staying put, near the cutter, or are you plugging and unplugging the cutter on a regular basis?

You might want to check which port the cutter was assigned to, and make sure that VM is selecting the correct port.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.