AKJ

Cutter not detected. PLEASE HELP!

Hello,  

I have the SC2 model and the Sure cuts a lot 6 version for my PC and version 4 for my Mac (don't ask). Neither computer will detect the cutter at all. I have been back and forth with Sure cuts a lot support and nothing they have suggested has worked. I have searched for a driver download for the SC model but cannot find anything!

Any suggestions?

Many thanks!

Ann

While I have no mac experience, I do know that the SC2 runs on my PC with SignBlazer set to "LIYU" model.

If you download and install SBE to the windows machine, you should get it running without any issues.

I'm assuming you're using USB? When you plug it into the computer, does the computer register that something was plugged in? If not, have you tried different cables and ports? If you have I would guess the USB on the cutter is dead. I'd suggest using the trying the serial option.

Thank you to both of you for responding. I called the support desk and the person who helped me was amazing and super nice. It is a super easy fix - I needed to install the driver for the cutter onto my computer, which the support technician did in about 2 minutes. I spent all weekend on this, because the support center is not open on the weekend. I knew the issue had to do with downloading the software for the driver, but I am questioned myself when I could not find a single site where the software was available. 

This must be a persisting issue because my friend who has the same machine had to go through the same process where they log onto your computer and control it remotely to install the driver software...and she bought it 5 years ago! 

US Cutter - please share the driver software with your customers, or at least let us know that we have to contact you to get the software!!