Unfitoutlaw

New to sublimation need help please

Hi guys, 

I am new to this forum and sublimation. 

I'm attempting some sublimation on 20 oz skinny tumblers.  The equipment I'm using is as follows

sawgrass sg 500 

Jetcol dhs paper ( have tried many types ) 

Original sawgrass ink

amazon heat press  

When I press a tumbler I'm getting the wording looking like the ink has smudged. It's not a lot, but I'm a perfectionist and this really irritates me. 

I press the tumbler for 60 seconds at 375 F , rotate rot180 degrees and press for another 60 seconds. I use butcher block paper as a waste paper. 

I have tried peeling the paper hot and completely allowing it to cool before peeling . I seem to have better results allowing it to completely cool before removing paper.

I have tried lowering the pressure and increasing my pressure. The smudging appears better with a very low pressure . 

Any suggestions would be appreciated. 

Look at the I in " I am" 

And 

The I in " resilient " 20230124_223025.thumb.jpg.199ea77bbf6a89af188cbda3bfcbbf10.jpg

By any chance did you touch it where this is happening? Maybe the oil of your fingers...It doesn't look like ghosting but I could be wrong. Also, change the temp and try a sleeve to hold the paper tightly around the tumbler.

I use A sub paper and I have had great results.

Paper with ink has to remain tight until removed, if any gap the ink vapors will cause what you describe.   Remember the ink goes from solid on the paper to a vapor at a certain temp