storm2313

Vinyl Master 4.2 Upgrade To V5 Cost?

I'm interested in the price if any to upgrade my copy of Vinyl Master XPT V4.2 to 5. 

I can't imagine the cost being 1k or $500

Thank you,

What do you mean it's not. Follow Slices link, click buy now, and bam! Option to upgrade. It's going to cost you $500, don't know why you would think it'd be free. You're not doing a simple patch/update, you're going to a whole never version. Rarely does a software company give you a new version for free.

• Like 1

Whenever there's a new (major) version of any software, it's worthwhile to investigate how the developer's changes/reworking in the program will impact my already-existing functionality.

For instance, SignBlazer Elements has been static at v6 for many years (the ABOUT menu shows v7 but that's only because someone took the time and trouble to insert a few lines of code to eliminate the Registration scheme, since the software is no longer supported by the developer, who passed away many years ago).

Anyway, my point is this -- what advantage or efficiency of routine will you gain with the VM v5 that you're not getting with the current one that you already own? Is there some particular feature that's been added which you need?

You are welcome to contact FutureCorp. directly and have a discussion with them about your displeasure with their pricing, and maybe get some discount or concession as a current user of XPT. Stranger things have happened in this world. Best of luck.

I never wrote anything about the upgrade would be free did I?

It just seems silly to pay and upgrade cost when I own the same level of software at the same rate of the retail cost of a new user purchasing a full retail copy without them ever owning an earlier release of the software prior.

I've owned XPT version since basically its inception, and considering there hasn't been an update to the software in at least two years I was expecting an upgrade price.

There's no link to upgrade on the site linked by forum user Slice from an earlier XPT version to XPT version 5 which would you all can see if you follow the link. 

The upgrade I would like to do as there's still bugs with this version, and considering my version doesn't support Summa T-75 cutter's option for OPOS XY calibration

Hopefully these have been corrected, and the Summa function added. 

Thanks for the help.

Storm, as noted in my above post, please contact the software company directly.

Only they can provide you with a resolution of your query about added functionality and bug fixes. Nobody here is able to do so. (not even USCUTTER corporate would be able to).

The VinylMaster website shows the following information:
"An Upgrade License offers a discount provided for existing licensees of VinylMaster software that purchase a later version of VinylMaster."  
Here is the page for a discount to upgrade:  https://vinylmaster.estore.software/cart/step/one

What I saw was under PRICING. For  XPT V1-V-4, TO XPT 5 Upgrade  Was $497.50.. That is not full price for XPT. V5 ($995.00). Then you must put your PSN number in to get the discount. I didn't have any problem finding this info on their website right away. You can Google for the website very easily.  

discount.jpg

vm pricing.jpg

There's an odd discrepancy regarding the cost of V5 XPT.

If you click on the stand-alone PRICING for v5 it shows 995, but when clicking on the Upgrade it provides $982. (scrolling down on that same PRICING page). Something isn't adding up right.

Personally, I would get in phone contact with the software company (Future Corp) and ask to talk to a supervisor or manager and explain that my current version is buggy, and has issues with basic functionality features on my cutter, and request information regarding whether or not these have been addressed with v5. If they answer 'yes' then I would ask for a substantial price cut from the $500 they are asking, and see what their response is.

I don't know what else to tell ya, storm.

No discrepancy.  The $982 is for CUT V1-V4,  to XPT. V5.   Choose XPT V1-V4 to XPT 5. (far right).  You are paying for almost all of XPT 5, upgrading  from bare bones CUT for $982.  Each version has a different price for upgrade.  Click on the versions, they are each different. Page default is on CUT.

vinyl master.jpg

• Like 1

Mz Skeeter, OIC.

That makes sense, going from cut to xpt, and up to v5.

I hope that the conversation with future corp goes in favor of storm, and he gets the result of a better deal that satisfies the annoyance he's feeling.

I am of the mindset - if it ain't broke don't fix it ... or the equivalent for upgrading operating systems and/or software. There's a reason why Skeeter still uses an old XP machine :D

If I get my machine to work with a certain software, and it functions with enough features to support what I'm doing, then I leave it be. Though, with the new Windows machine wanting to force upgrades upon machines, that's a tough workaround, because sometimes an unwanted upgrade will break some functionality in certain programs, or no longer wants to support the peripheral devices. It kind of makes me crazy, but thankfully Microsoft will ensure that my IT consulting business will thrive for the foreseeable future. :P

• Like 1

haumana, we have been told by storm that his v4.2 is in fact 'broken', in that it has some bugs and also fails to provide the Summa T-75 cutter's option for OPOS XY calibration. Is that a serious enough reason to need upgrading (which theoretically has the bugs eliminated, and does provide the Summa functionality he is seeking)? Well, that's a question only he can answer. And if it comes at a cost of $500, then he really has to think about this long and hard.

He is going to have to hash it out with corporate. It's way above our pay grade.

Upgrading from Vinyl Master 4.2 to V5 can cost between $29.50 and $252 for a one-time purchase, depending on your specific version. Subscription options are also available, ranging from $4.48 to $24.95 per month. Check the VinylMaster website for exact pricing and upgrade paths based on your software serial number. Remember, upgrading from XPT requires a new V5 license purchase.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.