CWS

Centering Graphic when cutting

It's been a few months since I posted.  I have an MH 871 and using the Cut software that came with it.  I have been successful cutting stencils after the help of you all to get the pressure and blade set.  My question is this.  I set up the graphic/text etc on the Vinyl Cut Software so it is centered on the set 24" wide page set up. Is there a way to get it cut centered on the 24" vinyl?  It seems to always cut to the left edge.  

Never mind, I think I have figured it out after I spent the time typing this. Ha!  An AhHa moment.  I had the vinyl loaded to the right side of the cutter instead of centering it.  Duh.  

Thanks and sorry for wasting your time, but at least you know I am still alive and your assistance at setting the blade up initially is working.

There are two settings in software that direct the cutter regarding where to cut an object on the vinyl.

WYSIWYG (Absolute) and Origin (default to the right corner, but cutter head can be adjusted manually with arrow keys while Offline, to any Origin point).

What is the reason you're wanting it centered? Typically people just cut relative to the origin then piece together the design as necessary. This way, typically, cuts down on the amount of wasted vinyl.

What is the reason you're wanting it centered? Typically people just cut relative to the origin then piece together the design as necessary. This way, typically, cuts down on the amount of wasted vinyl.

Probably he might thinking of producing a decal with outside edge of the vinyl roll to be used for aligning. Or a stencil with vinyl roll's outer edge to be used for aligning.

CWS! Please correct if I am wrong

WYSIWYG (Absolute) and Origin (default to the right corner, but cutter head can be adjusted manually with arrow keys while Offline, to any Origin point).

How do you set up the cutter to get WYSIWYG?  I have the graphic centered on the 24" paper when I lay it out in the software.  I know about the Origin and moving the cutter when offline.  I do that a lot for smaller graphics that are different projects so I can save vinyl. 

Probably he might thinking of producing a decal with outside edge of the vinyl roll to be used for aligning. Or a stencil with vinyl roll's outer edge to be used for aligning.

CWS! Please correct if I am wrong

This is the reason.  I am cutting stencils that are used on 24" wide material and the vinyl I'm using is 24".  If I can cut the graphic so it is centered, then I can line the sides of the vinyl with the edges and get the graphic centered.  They are fairly large graphics that are about 18" or so wide.

Thanks

If I am cutting stencils I include a box around the design at the outer limits so I get the right amount of clearance around the edges. Works every time without having to remember anything fancy. Especially nice when you do another one a year later. 

• Like 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.