Sign in to follow this  
gidget482

Sublimation

Hello everyone,

I have a question about Sublimation. I have a Epson 2800 eco tank printer, I put the sublimation ink in it two different kinds and yes cleaned the tanks each time we switch them out. Also, I have tried two different sublimation papers. When I print the image out and try to transfer them to my sublimation tumblers that I get from Amazon it doesn't want to work. I have a tumbler heat press 350 for 30 seconds. I have even tried longer. I am so frustrated. Can anyone help.

Thank you so much. Gidget482

Are you sure the tumblers from amazon are properly prepped for sublimation? That's where I would start.

Yes I have made sure. I think maybe I'll try somewhere different. these are from amazon.

8 Pack Straight Sublimation Tumblers Set 20 Oz Skinny, Stainless Steel Skinny Sublimation Tumbler Blank With Shrink Wrap Film Lid Straw Set,Individually Boxed, Not Tapered 

Thank you for the hlep!!!!!

I used to sublimate but just couldn't make it pay well so it peetered out. 350deg is on the very bottom end of temp if I remember corretly. I did more garments and dog tags than anything but had to do some test prints at different temps and dwell time to get the colors happy.  I struggled with navy blue looking good and dark. I think the more expensive gel printers may develop a bit more vibrant colors but I didn't want to invest that deep and wanted laerge format. I think mine was an Epson WF 7310 with refillable cartridges. It was an affordable way to enter the market. If I had a brink and mortar store I think it would have been worth continuing. I let my printer set too long and it plugged up and I never got it unclogged so I gave up. 

Glad you got it up and running.