odokie

Driver needed for the Graphtec CE6000-60

I everyone.  I'm back for a little help.  I have a new laptop and use the SBE program with my Graphtec CE6000-60. I was able to download SBE but cant find the driver that I should download.  all help will be appreciated!

I think some were using the Graphtec 50 or the Copam driver for their cutter set up. Cutter must be on command HP-GL language.

On my old Laptop I have this set at USB002 in the output device area, the new downloaded SB on my new laptop doesn't have that option.  any idea what I should set it at?

SB.png

Did you download the Graphtec Driver from Graphtec website first?  Restart your computer?   Didn't your Graphtec come with Graphtec Pro Studio?   Which is a version of FlexiSignPro  Over a $1000 software, which is more updated than Signblazer will be. I don't use Signblazer.  I use Flexi software with my Graphtecs. A lot of the members who upgraded to a Graphtec, stated they used Graphtec 50 or Copam for their cutter set up. 

Yes I downloaded the Graphtec Driver , I don't know why the new SB that I downloaded on my new laptop doesn't have the same Comm settings as on my old laptop.  I will keep playing around with it. I only do this every 5 to 7 years and struggle every time :( thanks for your help!

I probably have the Graphtec software but have been using the SBE since the PCut and haven't taken the time to learn a new one. I just love SB.

• Like 1

So I have installed both drivers mentioned above and the USB options are not showing up.  I am using USB002 on my current computer but isn't an option on the new one. Is it the drivers that adds this? I'm using windows 11 and its way different than my windows 8 

the first attachment is what I use on my old computer that cuts perfect! the second attachment is what my new computer looks like in the "Output device" 

Sorry I'm not tec savvy at all!

Thanks! Mary Ann

good USB.jpg

USB options.jpg

You have 3 USB ports showing on the first screen, plug your cutter into one and select it. The Blazer thing you're looking at Blazer.COM1, on the other computer a serial port.

Thanks for your help!

The first screen shot is on the computer that does work.  the second screen shot are the options on the new computer that im trying to get the program set up on. 

don't know what to do to get the 3 USB options on it.

ah! sorry. I think you have a problem with SB then, not your driver. SB should show your USB ports no matter what device drivers you have. Does the new laptop have "normal" usb ports? Several new computer only have USB-C, or USB-3. USB3 connectors look like traditional USB ports but are blue inside, or have and SS near them. SB might be old enough that it doesn't recognize USB3, I've not tried it on a newer machine. There are several on here that still use SB, maybe one of them can chime in if it works with USB3 ports or not. Might try uninstalling and reinstalling SB.

In the mean time, what you could do, install the graphtec software and use it to cut with. You can still do your design and layout in SB, then just export it as an EPS file and open that into the graphtec software. I have not used said software, but from what I understand you should find it's much more capable than SB and works quite well.

I have the same version of Signblazer 6.0 installed on a Windows 7 laptop    and Windows 10.  USB output on set up is only showing up in the software on Windows 7.  Not on Windows 10. 

Ugh.  Skeeter that's what I was afraid of. that's why I never upgraded from Windows 8 to 10.  I was afraid something might go wrong.  Now I am getting notifications that my windows 8 will no longer be supported after Jan 10th. I guess I will still be able to use the old computer for SB I just wont want to connect to the internet correct?

darcshadow. I will for sure try what you suggested! I had no idea I could do that.  

Thanks to both of you for your help!

Mary Ann

I have no problem being on the internet with Windows XP or Windows 7,  And that support stopped years ago.   I still cut with an XP laptop on my Graphtec FC7000-75.  No problems.  XP is still very stable, which is why many of us stay back on XP.  So stay on the Windows 8, if it s working for you. 

One advantage of software not being supported anymore, they stop messing with it. Support just means they keep poking at it and "fixing" it. In most cases I'd prefer my software not be supported. ha!

The only reason I ever upgrade OS is if something I really want to use is not supported on old OSs, and even then, it's usually kicking and screaming before I'll make the switch. I love new tech, but hate change. Poses a real conundrum. 

darcshadow, I had that same experience with Apple. I started using macs during their System 7 iteration, then shifted to OS8, and stuck with it for MacOS9.  I have 9 loaded onto an old PowerBook laptop (Lombard G3 bronze keyboard) that to this very day I still drag out now and then for the grandkids to enjoy (they play Thinkin'Things, Sammy's Science House, KidPix, and other classics of the 1990's).

Once Macintosh went to OSX, I gave up. While I understood their reasoning, I didn't love the new interface.

I learned how to use a computer back in 1991 by reading Macs for Dummies by David Pogue. For his insight and teaching, I'm eternally grateful.

odokie, if you want to delve into the Device Manager on your Win10 system, that would be the place to mess around and set your USB port manually, using the "Advanced" tab in the Properties dialogue.

A few years ago, I had a problem with a laptop computer recognizing USB connection and was able to resolve that issue by installing a Virtual Com Port, using STM32 VCP  http://kiss.flyduino.net/download/stm32-virtual-com-drivers-64bit-pc (ST microelectronics software for quadcopter flight controllers).  I realize that's a 'workaround' method, but if it works, it works.

The Windows 10 computer, could be used with a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter, with a null modem cable to your cutter.  It must be null modem.  I think that is 25 pin RS232C.  That is what my Graphtecs are.  The USB end of Tripp-lite goes into your USB on computer, Then the null modem cable connects to the Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter, then to your vinyl cutter.  The Tripp-lite has it's own driver to install and shows up in the cutter set up.  Tripp-lite  Keyspan Adapter is the brand name, and only one that is guaranteed to work with a vinyl cutter.  It has to be between com # 1-4   Example below. Find the best price.

https://www.amazon.com/Tripp-Lite-Keyspan-High-Speed-USA-19HS/dp/B0000VYJRY/ref=sr_1_3?crid=6KD3FRJNEHKZ&keywords=tripp-lite+usa-19hs+keyspan+high-speed+usb+to+serial+adapter&qid=1671554709&sprefix=Tripp+lite+Keyspan+adapter%2Caps%2C159&sr=8-3

Thanks for more info. I will look into this option, I really want to be able to cut with this new laptop.  I will let you know if I can get it going with this option.

The 3 of you have been very helpful. Thank you!

Did you ever check to see if you had Graphtec Pro Studio? (It is made by Flexi Software)  That would be the software to go with. No need to buy more cables.  Graphtec Pro Studio already works on Windows 11.Plus it has updates to it. It is an over $1000 design and cutting software. You could just export your SB files as an .eps and import into Graphtec Pro Studio and cut.  I just use bare bones Flexi Starter from 2010, to cut with on my Graphtecs , and have a higher Flexi product to design with.  I also Have Graphtec Pro Studio that I can design with. 

Skeeter, I will definitely look into this.  I might be coming back to this post with questions for you :) thanks for your help!