Sign in to follow this  
Ben S

Upgrading from v4, would I lose features???

I've been running vinyl master cut v4 for 5 years on my Titan 2 machine. I see that v5 is out, but it looks like the vectorize feature doesn't exist anymore? There's so many versions and the pages don't really explain what they come with very well. I do need vectorize, and don't want to "upgrade" only to find features missing.

A robust 'vector engine' is included with all versions of VinylMaster. In fact, although I don't use VM as the default design/cut application with my USCUTTER machine (SC2) there have been plenty of instances when I needed a raster graphic to be converted into paths, and VM does it really well.  (Inkscape also provides a convert-to-path function, but the one in VM is just so easy and clean, it's my go-to when SignBlazer chokes on the vectorize effort).

Where did you see information that the v5 upgrade has eliminated the vectorization scheme? I find it hard to believe that critical element would be removed from VM, even at the 'CUT' (lowest) level program.

On this page, it says LTR includes vectorizer https://uscutter.vinylmaster.software/products/cut/#compare

On this page however, it shows vectorizer as only being included with PRO and DSR https://uscutter.vinylmaster.software/tools-features

And yes, as you said, it is a critical element, and was included in v4, so I'm not sure why they'd remove it and also ask for money to upgrade to a version with less features. I was about to pay $30 to upgrade, but now that's not happening until I know I'm not getting a downgrade

Yes, I see that comparison chart shows the vectorize only for the two higher levels. Strange, because we have that feature now in all versions.

Best thing is to contact Future Corp. directly and see what they have to say.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this