Modelstuff

Seiki 870T Password

Does anyone know how to get the password for settings on this chinese crap :)

i need to change some parameters

Kind Regards

Thomas

Does anyone know how to get the password for settings on this chinese crap :)

i need to change some parameters

Kind Regards

Thomas

Password for what?  The vinyl cutter does not have a password. Depending on which cutting software that you are using, the software may have a password, but we would not know what it is. 

No idea on password, but what setting are you trying to change? Looking at the manual it looks like there are only 3 things, speed, force, and baud rate. Speed and force are just adjusted with the arrow keys while the plotter is offline. Baud rate is adjusted with the settings button.

Your vinyl cutter is not a printer, it cuts, not prints. You can purchase a Tripp-lite Keyspan Adapter at many vendors.  Use with a null modem cable.  Null modem is connected to the cutter, then other end of null modem is connected to the Tripp lite keyspan Adapter, Then the USB end of Tripp lite Keyspan Adapter is connected to a USB port on your computer.  The tripp lite Keyspan Adapter has it's own driver.   Tripp-lite is the brand name.   regular USB to serial adapters, do not work with a vinyl cutter.  Shown as example.   https://www.amazon.com/TRIPP-Keyspan-Serial-Adapter-USA-19HS-C/dp/B07GXBVDNM/ref=sr_1_2?crid=3VO4ADB6CCYAJ&keywords=tripp+lite+keyspan+adapter&qid=1666802404&qu=eyJxc2MiOiIxLjg1IiwicXNhIjoiMS41MCIsInFzcCI6IjAuOTIifQ%3D%3D&sprefix=tripp+lite+keyspan+adapter%2Caps%2C244&sr=8-2

Is this a new cutter?  Or new to you?  If new purchase from vendor, contact the vendor.  I have never seen password on a vinyl cutter. Which cutting software are you using with this cutter? Most Seiki vinyl cutters come with Flexistarter cutting software.   Seiki vinyl cutters are pretty good vinyl cutter.  It started my business for 14 months before i got a Graphtec.,   I still have my Seiki.

Windows finds it as a printer i use EasyCut but it was a very old version of ArtCut that came with it

These 4 settings is what display shows.. and if i try to edit something it ask for password.. it's fairly new for me this cutter.. but have been working with vinyl cutting for many years that's why i would love it to be discovered as a serial device

2022-10-26 18.50.08.jpg

2022-10-26 18.50.06.jpg

2022-10-26 18.50.03.jpg

2022-10-26 18.49.59.jpg

Did you download the FTDI driver for your version of windows? Extract and install it?  It should be a com port number. Then you match the com port number in your computer device manager to com port number in  cutting software. They must match. Old software does not matter, My Flexistarter  software is from 2008. I use it on my Graphtec daily.   Many people still use Signblazer which is abandonware. I still run on an XP laptop, many people do, as it is stable software.   Some companies call vinyl cutters "printers", but they do not print, there is no ink.  Lose the word printer. 

The password info you will have to get info from Seiki.

yes i should have the right driver .. but Win10 discovers it weirdly.. and not with a serial port.

the controller looks like some either old hardware or something they cooked up them selves..

There's only USB connector.. har i can't find any info on those numbers on the board.. and i have a black belt in GoogleFu ;P

2022-10-26 19.03.20.jpg

2022-10-26 19.03.02.jpg

I don't know where you got your vinyl cutter, but Seiki vinyl cutters in the US are sold with USB and serial connection both. Are you sure it is a Seiki?    These cables are included   with US models.  I have never seen the items  that you are showing on the control panel, on a Seiki vinyl cutter.   Seiki vinyl cutters do not have lasers. They come with Flexistarter, which has contour cutting right in the software program.  They have never been made with a laser in the US.  What is the model number on the vinyl cutter.?

Serial (RS-232C) Cable Included

USB Cable Included   Here is a Seiki 870T.  It has dual connection and no laser. That is the same cutter that they were selling back in 2009. I bought one for my daughter.  I have a 850H. Seiki has never made newer models.  Scroll down the page.    Seiki only had the H series( only serial connection) and T series(with both connections) models of vinyl cutters.

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/2255799953570302.html?gatewayAdapt=glo2usa4itemAdapt&_randl_shipto=US

Check out Vevor brand.  They have SK 870  models and are newer vinyl cutters than Seiki.  I have not read good things about Vevor.  People come here and can't get them working.    Real Seiki cutters have a raised metal logo attached to their cutters on the left side.   Just like  UScutter has rebranded vinyl cutters from other brands,  that SK model could be used on other brands,  VEVOR brand has many different vinyl cutters,  plus they sell other items of machinery.   870 is just a width of the vinyl cutter.  Not the  brand name.   SK is not a brand name.   You will just have to search 870 models with lasers.   You should be contacting where you bought the vinyl cutter.

seiki name plate.jpg

I hated to get involved with this fiasco, but now I'm intrigued.

1. Does this cutter respond when a vector cut file is sent to it?

2. Perhaps you have a spare $500 and can just get a SC2 cutter (34") from USCUTTER that will work just fine, right out of the box?

3.  Since this 'crap' machine of suspect origin doesn't have a serial port, and only USB interface, then that's what you'll have to live with.

4. Is that a two-digit password? You can try all the possible choices, for a total effort of 100 permutations. That shouldn't take long to cycle through them all and come up with a winner.

I hated to get involved with this fiasco, but now I'm intrigued.

1. Does this cutter respond when a vector cut file is sent to it?.... It cuts fine from EasyCut just not in the right scale as i send

2. Perhaps you have a spare $500 and can just get a SC2 cutter (34") from USCUTTER that will work just fine, right out of the box? Nope... not a millionaire yet :P

3.  Since this 'crap' machine of suspect origin doesn't have a serial port, and only USB interface, then that's what you'll have to live with... i guess i have to

4. Is that a two-digit password? You can try all the possible choices, for a total effort of 100 permutations. That shouldn't take long to cycle through them all and come up with a winner.  I hope the seller gives a respond soon..

. It cuts fine from EasyCut just not in the right scale as i send

Is that the problem you're trying to fix? You should have just said that from the start, that is a software issue. You just need to adjust the calibration in the software and you'll be good to go. I am not familiar with EasyCut, but Some where there should be a calibration option, or a Steps per Inch setting.

Easy Cut is like Vinyl Master, also made by Future Corp.  There is calibration  Cutter scale.   Instructions for your software is under HELP at the top of your layout screen.   That  tool is  in software, not your vinyl cutter.  Time to learn your software.

Well, After trying to provide actual answers, I realize that my original 'rolling eyes' should have been my only answer.

1. The cutter works fine. The scale is incorrect, and that just means a setting of calibration within the software is needed.

2. Spending $500 on a vinyl cutter is certainly well within the average person's budget, especially if they are serious about doing work for payment (running a small business). I've made tens of thousands of $$ using the MH, SC, SC2 over the years.

If you were a millionaire, perhaps the Graphtec would be a better choice than the basic SC2?

3.  How much did you pay for this unit? Did the seller ever show you it functioned properly before you handed over money?

4. You never answered about the two-digit password combination, which is simple enough to run through all 100 possible choices.
01 02 03 etc.  Why even bother the seller when in less than an hour you can cycle around every numerical two-digit code and unlock the settings?

5. You said that your cutter only has USB port, so the tripp-lite is totally incompatible.

6. We're trying to assist, but you have to be precise, and give us better details that add to this troubleshooting effort.

• Like 1

Tried another pc... get this error

Device USBPRINT\UnknownPrinter\7&11f030f8&0&USB001 was configured.

Driver Name: usbprint.inf
Class Guid: {36fc9e60-c465-11cf-8056-444553540000}
Driver Date: 06/21/2006
Driver Version: 10.0.19041.1806
Driver Provider: Microsoft
Driver Section: NO_DRV.NT
Driver Rank: 0xFF0000
Matching Device Id: USBPRINT\UnknownPrinter
Outranked Drivers:
Device Updated: false
Parent Device: USB\VID_0483&PID_5750\STM3210

Until you know what that REAL vinyl cutter brand is and the correct driver, it might be very hard to set up.  We don't know what you bought. Only your seller knows.  Cutter scale calibration is in the cutting software.   

IT'S

NOT

A

PRINTER

I know.. but windows seems to think otherwise... and now i know that when i send to it from the Cutter software.. Microsoft OneNote tries to grab the file.. since it apparantly thinks it need to do that..

*sigh* i give up.. hopefully the seller will take their crap back since it apparently is build by a kid with no clue

Thomas, how did you get from "It cuts fine from EasyCut just not in the right scale as I send"

to it now thinking there's a printer involved?

What happened when you went through the 100 possible two-digit passwords?

Why did you change computers?

Although you're not a millionaire, how did you arrive at a conclusion that $500 for a brand new cutter is beyond your reach, financially?
How much did you pay for this 'crap' ?

On my wifes PC it cuts from easycut.. but on mine it does not.. but windows machines finds it as a "Printer" but calls it a cutter..

and since it's mostly me that cuts i would like to be able to work from my pc..

Price was 2500 DKK .. Around 335 Dollars.. and about what i have left every month after fixed expenses so no i dont go out and blow 500$ on a new machine