Sign in to follow this  
xdesign305

Need help......again

Good morning,

Hopefully someone here has worked with this font before. I can't seem to find this one. I'm looking for the "performance" font. 

Thanks in advance

font.thumb.jpg.c07238e6c4c6a5ecee06b528d8f3ced7.jpg

Thanks but they're close. The Rs are different so is the P. It kind of looks like they're different fonts that make up this word.....

Thanks but they're close. The Rs are different so is the P. It kind of looks like they're different fonts that make up this word.....

The font is 4BigMedicineDNA (regular *Oblique) [SignDNA / (Commercial)]

If you plan to do this kind of work often you should consider buying the Find-My-Font program. Probably one of the best bang for the buck programs available. I even use it on my own files sometimes when I can't remember which of my many fonts I used to create something. It's about $50 last time I bought it. 

Also, there are tricks to utilizing font search software. The one you posed was so washed out that it wouldn't work as it was. I picked the most distinguishing letter (in this case the P) and traced it out so it was clean, then screen shot the trace and used that for the search... whalla we have the correct font. 

• Like 3

Wildgoose -- BINGO.

When I first started to work in the sign business, one of the guys at the shop where I apprenticed was a font savant. He could just look at a font and know its name, maybe a thousand of them he knew by eye.

• Like 1

Thank you Wildgoose.

I will definitely look into purchasing the Find-My-Font program. This was a one time thing...this customer said can you make my name in this font......But its not a bad idea to buy that program.

Thank you Wildgoose.

I will definitely look into purchasing the Find-My-Font program. This was a one time thing...this customer said can you make my name in this font......But its not a bad idea to buy that program.

My pleasure.

That font is a commercial font and may be hard to find a free version.  At least you know the correct one and can offer it at whatever price it comes in at or a cheaper alternative if they don't want to pay to match exactly. 

The other cool part about the program is it gives you a list of close fonts in order of percent matching and really helps finding a similar font. 

The font is 4BigMedicineDNA (regular *Oblique) [SignDNA / (Commercial)]

If you plan to do this kind of work often you should consider buying the Find-My-Font program. Probably one of the best bang for the buck programs available. I even use it on my own files sometimes when I can't remember which of my many fonts I used to create something. It's about $50 last time I bought it. 

Also, there are tricks to utilizing font search software. The one you posed was so washed out that it wouldn't work as it was. I picked the most distinguishing letter (in this case the P) and traced it out so it was clean, then screen shot the trace and used that for the search... whalla we have the correct font. 

one of the best purchases I ever made and that same investment has never needed me to pay to update, how many other programs can you say that about

• Like 1