arty-rc

Epson Problem

Hi All!!

Do any members of our Forum use Epson printers for sublimation? I have been using an ET-2720 Ecotank printer for my sublimation work that I bought new on August 2021. I've been buying Sublimation ink from the "E" site and printing at least three times a week, projects and either nozzle checks or small size photos, just to keep it clear. I recently got the ink tank "end of life near" message. I cleaned the ink tank and replaced the ink pads. Low and behold, I now have the printer telling me that I cannot print anything and to  contact customer support. Having gone through many emails back and forth I was told to send it to an Epson Service Center. After calling them for more information they let me know that to work on it would cost me $95 +. Heck, I only paid $180 for it. Does anyone know the trick to reset the ink tank counter? Thanks.  

Thanks Haumana,

I also saw this on the net . My concern is with security issues and a possible virus. I have a desktop that I reset a few months ago to the factory specs so I'll use that unit for the reset. I'll let you know how I make out.   

Update

I looked through many video's for resetting my printer and downloaded the WIC reset tool and installed a trial version of the reset that sets it back to 80%full. I wanted to make sure that it would work and the printer would still print properly. After 1 clean printhead it printed a perfect nozzle check. I then printed rectangles or all 4 colors and it printed like new. I'm going to use it as is until I get the message again and then purchase the software that will set it back to 0%. 

Thanks again guys

• Like 1