paperie

Help with transferring over to imark plus 1.0

Hi I have been having some trouble lately trying to transfer special lines over to i-mark plus. I colored them magenta as per the instructions but the entire file comes out as black and white. Is there something that I am missing? Any help would be greatly appreciated.

• Like 1

Might be awhile to get an answer on that.  There is only a hand full of members here who answer questions, and I don't know of 1 person who uses I-MARK software.   We mostly cut vinyl here with our cutters. 

I use Illustrator but not for print work, or at least not for production print work. I would think the magenta special lines probably need to be on a separate layer. Have you tried that? Your I-MARK software should give you specific instructions. Another possible issue could be the I-MARK software was designed for a certain version of Illustrator. My cutting software prefers Illustrator version 8 which is older and simpler than the new higher tech versions. For instance Version 8 does not support multiple art boards. You can save your work in older legacy versions within the program by using "save as" and when it comes to the screen that lets you choose the .ai format (as opposed to PDF or EPS etc.) you will toggle open the drop menu and choose an older version.  There is likely something along those lines to look for.