JeffScott

SC2 double cutting image

Hey folks, could really use some help.  I searched for this topic and used some of that knowledge gained so far.  I have a large 6ft x 2ft image I'm cutting and the cutter goes over it twice causing all kind of mayhem.  The .bmp was sized in AI and there is only 1 layer with 1 image present.  I'm not sure what to check in vinylmaster cut v4.3.  I can't see a double image in there.  So I've cut this image twice and it's happened both times.

I hope it's cool to attach my file, maybe someone could see something with it.  It's a lower part of a 2 part distressed American flag.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Left Bottom.~vDoc

why don't you export the image as an .eps and post it.?.  Only people with Vinyl Master can look at it.   Many people don't use it.  I tried to import and open it into a VinylMaster DSR demo.  Nothing  was there.    I have another software, that I can import into, but I need it as an .eps.

I tried opening it in my VM DSR v5, it's opening as an image and not a vectorized file, it's also a backup of your file, notice the ~ in the file extention.  I suspect you have two lines around the outer edge and need to "weld" or "combined" the image even though your eye cant see them.

It looks like you wanted a stencil (hence the size of the background was your measurements) however I attached both.

Left Bottom-1StripesnoBackground.vDoc

Left Bottom-1Stencil.vDoc

Is it cutting the entire graphic twice, or just some areas? You have some smaller pieces in the layout that are the same color as the larger, are they meant to be cut outs? I've recolored the smaller pieces that are embedded. If it's only going back to cut the pieces I recolored, then the cutter is doing it's job, because you have those cut line in there. If it's re-cutting the whole job, then it's probably something in the VM settings that you need to take a look at. Which version of VM are you using?

If you do not mean to have those recolored area in your graphic, then remove them completely.

855531200_ScreenShot2022-03-01at5_47_56PM.thumb.png.4bf0f546d6b7cff13f8ae0afa0cad166.png

I got it, it has a mask over the design, which was the box.   I would think those cut outs belong in the design. It is supposed to be a distressed flag.  I have seen those.   Grouping it should cut all (cut outs also) at the same time.    I don't see any other problem.   

Here are the fixed files.

If you run into something like this in the future and can't find the causal factor, I'd convert the item(s) back into a Bitmap and then re-run the Vectorize feature. That would clear any unseen conditions causing the problem. However, this process would be project dependent and could potentially degrade the original vector's quality.

Take care, -Russ

Left_Bottom.eps

Left_Bottom.vDoc

Also, if you haven't checked already, verify that the number of passes is set to 1 in VinylMaster.

'Send to Cutter' > Select 'Cutter Control' Tab > Passes = 1

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.