Sign in to follow this  
ATOMOTIV

VinylMaster/Future Corporation issues

So I've had a USCutter MH-721 since Oct 2020 and been running it on a laptop with the included VinylMaster (v 4.2) since and have had no issues.  This past week as I'm reorganizing my workshop I decided to move the cutter+software to a dedicated local desktop computer.  As I reinstalled the software after deactivated it from my old laptop, I was told my product serial number (PSN) has exceeded the activation limit.  I contacted Future Corp through their support ticket site and was instructed to follow a link to clear my old computer from the PSN database.  As I did that, I then received a message saying my software was upgraded (although I've never purchased anything new, I am assuming that was from v 4.2 from 10/2020 to the v4.3 that I just downloaded) and will need a new PSN.  So I followed the link to retrieve new PSN, when I typed in the email that I used to purchase the cutter, I was told my email isn't found.  Tried the same for the only 2 other email addresses that I have - not in their system.  So now I'm really ticked, I went back and try to just reactivate the software back on my old laptop, but now it says my account has been suspended.  I contacted USCutter today by phone, as Future Corp only respond via their ticket system.  Rep at USCutter basically told me there's nothing they can do and the issue is on Future Corp's end and he was having the same issues pulling up my information.  While I continue to get these automated/standardized replies from Future that only direct me to the same links that don't even load in my browser (both at home and at my work), and giving me responses that don't address or resolve my issues.

RECAP:

1. I've deactivated the software from the old computer
  2. Activate it to the new computer, it shows it's still in use
  3. Attempt to clear the old computer from the PSN, it shows software was upgraded to a new PSN which never happened
  4. Attempt to retrieve new PSN using existing registered email, shows I'm not in the system
  5. Attempt to reactivate old computer - account suspended

I'm not sure if I'm asking for help or just straight up ranting, but please excuse my language - this is bullshit.  I paid for the cutter, I should be able to move the software back and forth without jumping through hoops, especially for such a rudimentary program like VM.  I can see Adobe doing this with Photoshop/Illustrator type software, but VM is pretty much crap.  I do all my work in AI and all VM does is import and cut.  I guess my next question is what other options do I have to bypass this Future/VM non-sense?  I use Roland CutStudio AI plug-in at my work on the Roland GS-24, but not sure if that is compatible with USCutter, nor do I really have access to the software.  USCutter told me today they have another program called Sure Cuts A Lot, but out of principle I refuse to pay them for another software that I should've been able to keep using.

Any suggestions on free/cheap standalone program or plug-in (for Illustrator) that I can use to just handle cutting duty?

Thanks, Ray

Guest Dave82

Hi Ray,

Did this ever get resolved? I am pretty much in the same boat right now, increadibly frustrating.

Cheers,
Dave

This does not sound good.  I have Pro 4.2 which I want to install on a new computer.  I'm glad I checked before I tried the switch.  I have two other programs which require a licensed thumb drive be installed in order for the software to be used. Pretty simple.  Looks like I'm gonna pull the old hard drive out and install in the new unit.  Ya gotta love wasting hours on something you paid for.

This does not sound good.  I have Pro 4.2 which I want to install on a new computer.  I'm glad I checked before I tried the switch.  I have two other programs which require a licensed thumb drive be installed in order for the software to be used. Pretty simple.  Looks like I'm gonna pull the old hard drive out and install in the new unit.  Ya gotta love wasting hours on something you paid for.

With Vinyl Master, you pay for a "use" license, you don't own the software. And you cannot sell it or transfer it..  You only pay to "use" their product.  With the dongle and software. Flexi, Signcut, you own the dongle and have a lifetime license. You can sell it. It is yours. But you cannot copy it and sell it, or copy and give it away. It also cost much more.  Vinyl Master is NOT selling you  their product.  If you want to own the product and put it on as many computers as you want, then buy Flexi or Signcut Lifetime. I have Flexi on all of my computers, all I have to do is insert the dongle to use any of my computers. I own the dongle, and have a lifetime license.

I agree 100%. I paid for the use licence, and for me, 4.2 has been great for 6 years. I want to keep using it on a new computer. If I deactivate, then can't re-activate, now what?  Like I said, I'm just checking on the proper way to transfer before I screw something up, that's all.

From my understanding of the VinylMaster registration scheme, you should be able to de-register (deactivate) on the computer it's running on, and then reinstall and reactivate on some other machine. This is done with an internet connection, using the PSN (product Serial Number) that was originally provided.

This thread was started with an individual who ran into an anomaly with that standard process, and couldn't achieve the reinstall, for reasons that were not clear.

My suggestion for Kranny is to check first with FutureCorp. support regarding their database having his PSN license listed in their system. If they say it's OK to 'go ahead' with the process of transferring the program, then he should be fine.

Y-W

Let us know how it turns out for you. We love to see follow-ups with success stories here!

• Thanks 1

He most likely resolved it, FutureCorp. is very diligent with their support tickets.

Your content will need to be approved by a moderator

You are commenting as a guest. If you have an account, please sign in.
Reply to this topic...

×   Pasted as rich text.   Paste as plain text instead

Only 75 emoji are allowed.

×   Your link has been automatically embedded.   Display as a link instead

×   Your previous content has been restored.   Clear editor

×   You cannot paste images directly. Upload or insert images from URL.

Sign in to follow this