Ive had a snoop around and cant seem to find what im looking for, ive just purchased a MH721, and i use Flexisign 10, it has the cutter in the production manager but it doesn't seem to cut, its connected using the USB and i think i may need drivers to make this work, can anyone assist?

Thanks

You need the usb drivers for your plotter installed first.  Your plotter uses a usb emulation chip with special drivers.  

I believe the generic FTDI drivers you can find will work. The USB on the MH is iffy at best and you are better off using the serial port. If your computer does not have a serial port, the Tripp-lite Keystone adapter is known to work.

no it doesn't require it, it cuts fine with my graphtec machine, i only purchased this one to allow me to do larger formats, ive just tried the signmaster software that came with it and it worked fine, i just dont know that software and from i se does a lot less than flexisign

Only legal Flexisignpro 10 has a USB dongle.  That is the USER ID and the password for the software. I showed you the USB dongle from my Flexidesigner 10. Which is Flexisignpro10 without the RIP.  Legal Flexisignpro 10 comes on a disc and with paperwork that is the user ID and password like below.  Any thing else would be pirated, counterfeit.   

Flexi10 legal with dongle.jpg

This is what happens with LEGAL Flexisignpro 10 when you don't have the USB dongle in your computer.  That USB dongle is the password for the software.  Flexisignpro 8.1 and 10 are 2 of the most pirated Flexisignpro programs. 

FLEXI NO DONGLE IN.JPG

well i dont know what to say, my Flexisign works fine, and like i said cuts great with my Graphtec machine, i purchased as a bundle a while back so i dont know why it doesn't have a key or if its been pirated, and that doesn't help me answer my question to why it wont cut on this MH721

Even bare bones Flexistarter 10 has a USB dongle and sold for $395.  I have that also.  Flexisignpro 10 sold for around  $3,000. +  I cut with Flexistarter 8.6(with dongle) on my Graphtec. 

Try printing something from flexi. If I am not mistaken, 10 will print large lines through the print. If it does, then it is pirated.

And contrary to your belief we can't answer your question, we are.

tested a print and worked fine, hopefully pic attaches to this, and also as i said it cut fine on the Graphtec machine, and finds the MH721 when i added the setup in the production manager

ive sent an email to SAI asking for this advice as to why it doesn't cut, i tried a previous design just incise it was something i had dont and the head moved a little more then "write error" came up again

just want to check, the sticker on the machine says to add model KI-870A, that is a MH721 right? as flexi doesnt have an option for KI-870A

20220221_213955.jpg

these are the stickers on the machine, i purchased it second hand from someone who couldn't figure out how to load the vinyl and they had it advertised as a MH721 + signmaster software

20220221_215405.jpg

20220221_215355.jpg

yeah i think I'm starting to see the issue, ive just googled KI-870A and it comes up with a VEVOR machine that looks exactly like this one, and looking at images of the MH721 on US Cutter website there's a subtle difference like sticker location and the LCD panel is blue where mines white... i may have been had over as i know VEVOR machines dont work with Flexisign (so ive read)

i have a small work around, i draw and design in flexi, export and then import into sign master and it cut perfectly

Yes, I see it is a Vevor brand.(after searching model number)  People come here and claim it is a night mare machine.   Just put Vevor in the upper right search box. (search everything)  Plenty comes up. 

cool, cheers for the assist 

And... I found the USB dongle lol, i called the guy i bought it from, its inside the machine, he mounted it internally as he was scared of loosing it or breaking it (its a desktop PC not a laptop)

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

That's not a bad idea, so long as you remember it and don't toss it out when the computer dies. ha!