Sign in to follow this  
haumana

Rotatrim vs. Dahle (vs. Manual) input please

Hey guys - most of you know that I'm more of a hobbyist with my cutters, however, I agreed to take a job as a favor for my brother.

I'm almost done with cutting and weeding the 300+ decals for his company, but will soon need to hit the app tape and final cut steps. That being said, I'm thinking that I might take some of the money from the job and put it towards a decent rotary cutter. I already use a manual OLFA rotary and an aluminum ruler, but wanted to make it a bit easier for the finished cut process by using a fixed rotary. Wanted to get your thoughts on if it's worth it, or if I should suck it up and do the 1200+ sides manually. Anyway, here are the two that I would be considering. The 4" difference is inconsequential to me. I just want to say I am not looking forward to doing 1200+ cuts manually :blink:

Rotatrim Pro 24"

Dahle 554 Pro 28"

can't speak for those but I found a NEOLT a few years ago including shipping was $200 - - - - we had one in the GIS shop I worked in and they are indestructible if you can find one reasonably.

the reviews on that rotatrim are impressive 

picture was last year during bathroom reno when the cutter wasn't getting much love 

PC020563.JPG

If only I had room, and maybe a distributor in Hawaii, although something that size is a bit overkill for me. Nice to see that they do make a desktop version, but I don't think I'll be able to find anyone will to beat Amazon's price, since Prime ships for free. Maybe when I finally get some real working area, in a real workshop, I'll have room for something like that :D

• Like 1

11 minutes ago, haumana said:

If only I had room, and maybe a distributor in Hawaii, although something that size is a bit overkill for me. Nice to see that they do make a desktop version, but I don't think I'll be able to find anyone will to beat Amazon's price, since Prime ships for free. Maybe when I finally get some real working area, in a real workshop, I'll have room for something like that :D

It was a lucky buy for sure.   I would think that Rotarian would be sweet.  I know we used the heck out of our cheaper ones before I found the big one 

• Like 1

I guess I'll be finding out. I just put the order in with Amazon ;)

• Like 1

Looks awesome! I don't do enough of that kind of thing to warrant a cutter like that but I am a tool addict and my secret self is envious. :lol: Every time I DO pick up a high volume decal job I always wish I at least had a big enough trimmer to handle larger sheets.  

• Like 1