Sign in to follow this  
Shane Quale

Help Please….

I am trying to get the checkers and all other objects out of the name. Any way to do this? Is it called something in SCALP?

What I am doing is a two layer graphic. Red will be in the background and black as the top layer. That way the letters show red for the name.

Thanks

266FD007-4605-4E40-BF52-7F61D111EBA0.jpeg

• Like 1

not a scalp user as I disliked it when I tried it but should be a punch out, cut out or remove overlap feature - 

1 hour ago, Dakotagrafx said:

not a scalp user as I disliked it when I tried it but should be a punch out, cut out or remove overlap feature - 

It has a knock out feature but that does not seem to be it.

I am not a SCALP user either but I suggest saving a working file to the side or whole other file when practicing so if it goes badly you can quickly revert to the original starting place. I would also consider saving your work in a non-proprietary file type. Seems like SCALP can export or save as SVG or EPS or similar. If you ever need to send one to another person or change design programs you will be glad you did. I had a beta version of SCALP way back but just didn't ever fall in love with it. I am an Adobe Illustrator design guy but was attempting to use SCALP as my cutter interface because I run on Mac computers for the most part. They (SCALP) have made progress in their capability since those early days and there are some on here who know the idiosyncrasies and tricks to get it to perform fine. I wouldn't want you to think I was disrespecting them. 

• Like 1