Sign in to follow this  
Shane Quale

Clear Transfer Tape

Hello Everyone,

I am currently doing some layered graphics. It’ll be 4 total layers with Oracal 651. What’s  a perfect clear tape to get the job done right?

I should add that it’s a larger project.

When I try to add a layer to the first layer my tape won’t peel off it’s way to high tack. Thanks

FA0F0F51-743F-4CEA-8563-580199BAC39D.jpeg

18 minutes ago, Shane Quale said:

Hello Everyone,

I am currently doing some layered graphics. It’ll be 4 total layers with Oracal 651. What’s  a perfect clear tape to get the job done right?

I should add that it’s a larger project.

When I try to add a layer to the first layer my tape won’t peel off it’s way to high tack. Thanks

Unfortunately, there might not be a 'perfect clear tape.' It's all about function and personal preference. Lots of user's here get the same results using different brand of tape.

I'm not quite sure if I understand you correctly. After taping up your top layer, you are unable to remove the backing from the newly taped top layer?

1 hour ago, haumana said:

Unfortunately, there might not be a 'perfect clear tape.' It's all about function and personal preference. Lots of user's here get the same results using different brand of tape.

I'm not quite sure if I understand you correctly. After taping up your top layer, you are unable to remove the backing from the newly taped top layer?

So my first layer is red, the second layer being black. When applying the black to the red, the transfer tape will not peel off of my two layers to start the third layer . Does this help? Sorry I am new at this.

You need to start with the top layer and work your way down and have the tape large enough to cover the bottom layer. That way, you never have to take the app tape off.

• Like 4

9 hours ago, Shane Quale said:

Ahhhhhh! Thanks Buddy!

Do a quick troll on YouTube and search for videos on how to layer vinyl.

• Like 1

Another tip I would give is use some parchment paper (or even better if you happen to have any Gerber 225 vinyl it has a clear carrier that is totally amazing for layering) I submitted a video a few years back using parchment paper:

• Like 1