Sign in to follow this  
haumana

CE6000-60 Plus, 2 Questions...

Q1: Why is it, when I use the copy feature on the control panel, the X never starts at the original X position? The carriage is just a smidgen to the left, and continues to progressively scoot the left.

Q2: The carriage, is starting to make a physical humming sound when it goes from left to right (but never right to left). The humming is almost to the point of chatter. When the machine is powered off, the carriage will slide easily back and forth with no out of the ordinary resistance. I've checked the guide rails were the various bearing make contact, and everything seem to be normal. From what I can see and feel, all the bearings will roll without any stuttering in both direction. Do I need to take the top off or remove the carriage cover for a better inspection?

Ugh, I just want to get through this job without a hitch.

Mahalo in advance!

haven't seen that one before - do you have another blade holder to try?  I always have some cheap ones around for replacement and for my reflectives blade 

Ugh! That would be the one thing that I should have a spare of, but don't. I will get one ordered pronto, while I await a response from Graphtec support :D

2 minutes ago, haumana said:

Ugh! That would be the one thing that I should have a spare of, but don't. I will get one ordered pronto, while I await a response from Graphtec support :D

Ouch, wow those are pricey.

On 2/5/2022 at 8:38 PM, haumana said:

Ouch, wow those are pricey.

don't tell anyone but I have been buying them off ebay real cheap for years - works great

• Like 1

So the adventure is turning out to be gift that keeps on giving. I managed to borrow a friend's blade holder, and the humming (more or less) went away - yea!  But now there's a new issue where when I do a test cut for force, out of the 3 triangle and boxes it does, the first triangle has a short little cut at the bottom. I've replicated over and over again. The weird thing is if I put the stock blade holder back in, it will do that little triangle line on all three triangles. I'm sure y'all have some wisdom that you'll be be able share so that I can just get this machine working the way it used to.

It is also intermittently doing a tiny curve thing at the start or end of a cut, but it doesn't do it to all of them. I laid it out as two decals in a single run, and sometimes it will do it, and sometimes not. Sometimes on just one of the two. I've checked the nodes and there isn't anything that should be causing this squiggly.

IMG_3229.jpg

IMG_3230.jpg

That little j has been addressed several times.  I even brought it up yesterday on a post .  It is initial blade position.  Put it on OUTSIDE.  Then it won't be in your design. Mine is in Background settings on FC.   Look thru your menu. 

• Thanks 1

Mahalo Skeeter! Just tested it, and it's all good. Hmm, I wonder why it's never been an issue before :huh:  

I know I've seen the issue posted before, and I tried searching like crazy, but whatever I was using to search was not giving me to right thread :(

Now I just need to fix the squiggly line :wacko:

Your welcome. If you have done a factory reset it would be there until you changed it it back too outside again. 

17 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Your welcome. If you have done a factory reset it would be there until you changed it it back too outside again. 

Hmm ... i wonder if that's what happened. Last month there was a power outage while I was out of the house. I keep the cutter on a battery backup, and have a remote switch for on the plug for the cutter. I didn't really think anything about it, until I needed to use the cutter, and the it wouldn't switch on. I guess when the power kicked back on, for whatever reasons, the battery backup didn't catch the surge and passed it on to the switch and fried it. Still didn't think anything of it, but when I went to cut, everything was as if it was factory reset, all the conditions I had previous set were missing, and it was just weird.

On another note, I did hear back from Graphtec, and while I was able to get the humming to go away with the change of the blade holder, tech support said, "This suggests a failing cutting head, and possibly a bad motor. I won’t know until we get in a bit more. The only thing I can think of that would relate the humming being caused by a blade holder is if the blade holder was one of the metal, after market holders."

I will be letting them know, that it was actually an aftermarket blade holder that made the humming go away, since I only had the original one that shipped with the cutter :P While I am extremely happy that I got the cutter to stop humming, I'm almost wanting to be able to recreate it the issue. I hope the power outage didn't do anything wonky to my machine. I don't want to have to unplug / re-plug each time I need to use it.

• Like 1