Sign in to follow this  
bigmax

good find

I had posted in Titan 2 thread about cutter stopping  on me. A friend loaned me a spare (MH-721)that he was not using. In the meantime, I started shopping around for a back up until I can get the O/I board for the Titan. Ran across a 28"P-Cut that works great and come to find out, he actually has 2 of the same models AND a 28" Lasterpoint. ALL 3 with stands, keyspan adapters for $150.00l. Another friend that does a slew of t-shirts, which I don't do, Is buying the sizer stuff 1roll of 12"x50yd black and same in white, along with several short rolls of various colors for $200.00. Happy, Happy, Happy.

• Like 4

I've used the MH-721 for a long time, and I can tell you that it's a great cutter that does its job very well. This machine created became my new hobby and a great way to make a living. Many of my friends and neighbors asked me to design something nice for them in exchange for a good price, and I certainly wasn’t going to refuse this opportunity. The only problem I encountered was that the material got significantly more expensive, and I have to buy it only when it’s on discount, or participate in coupon giveaways https://www.dontpayfull.com/page/sweepstakes .

CoralWurth, I got into this business with the MH871, and from day one, started making money with signage.

I even remember doing my first paying job ---  a new sidewalk sign for a Driving School. I noticed that the wind had blown their existing sign into the street, it was laying flat, and cars had run over it, ruining the thing. I stopped, picked it up, tossed it into the hatchback of my car, and went into the place, to show them the damaged sign and asked if they would be interested in me doing a replacement?

They said yes, certainly, go for it.

I took the entire sign frame back to my studio  --- at the time, in my basement --- and fired up SignBlazer for my first time on a client's job ( I had previously only practiced a little bit, making sure I knew what to do and that it worked with the MH, but this was now a REAL project for someone).

Thirty minutes later, I had a double-sided A-FRAME all set to bring back to the customer. They were thrilled, and I was in business!

And just in case anyone wants to know, the MH machine had cost me about $300  --- this was many years ago ---  and I charged the Driving School $250 for this work which led them to give me two more signs to accomplish (onto their front door, and another one inside). To this day, I'm still designing/cutting with SignBlazer, and churning out jobs with an SC2 unit (at some point, I traded my MH for a snowblower, and bought an original SC, but that went along as part of my entire sign shop business that I transferred to a buyer who took over my operation, lock stock & barrel. After a few years and my non-compete agreement expired, I returned to signmaking, and was using a LP cutter, and sold THAT one to a friend, and got this SC2 on sale, and have been slicing&dicing ever since.)

Honestly, if USCUTTER were offering a TITAN2 servo in the 34" size, I would obtain it. But, alas, that's not an option, so I'll just stick with what I have, and be happy.

junk.jpg