Kimsnover

Central Perk decals

Hello!

i am very new to cricut - I have done more minor projects but I am going to taking on a big one for a bridal shower.

it is friends themed and we are doing mugs with the central perk logo. I was taught how to do the layering and practiced with scrap vinyl I had.

was wondering if anyone knew the colors I would need for this decal - it’s 8 layers.

will the colors show thru on the permanent circuit vinyl? Will this work on different colored mugs - white, black, red, blue and green

Thank you!

It would seem to me that just sending this project off to a wholesale decal printer company is the right way to go. (full-color laminated prints)

Start with ZooPrinting, they've been very good for me on projects requiring complicated logos that I don't feel like messing with layering ------  time is money, and I prefer to spend my efforts on things that are easy & quick and don't jam me up. Especially something this small like a coffee mug sized decal!!!!

Create a single print file with as many decals as you require (20? 50? 100? ---  step and repeat the design in the print file) and upload it to them online. You'll have the finished decals on a full sheet back in your hands within a few days. Then, just cut 'em apart by hand with scissors and apply to the mugs. Simples.

Check out the mugs you can obtain from DollarTree --- Even though they've raised their pricing on items to $1.25  it's still a great deal.

That is a lot of layers. I might do something like that once, but I wouldn't want to do it multiple times, a full color print would be the way to go.

• Like 2

To answer your actual question though, no, don't know what colors you'd want. I went looking at various version of the logo, and from what I found looks like it could be done in 4 colors, still a lot of layers, but not quite as bad. I would suggest pull up the image you want, then open a second window with the link to the color choices, https://uscutter.com/24-oracal-651-intermediate-calendered-vinyl/, and just match as close as you can. So long as the color is kind of close people will love it, it's only when you have an original next to your recreation that any color differences would be noticed.

As for bleed through of color, that can happen on lighter colors over dark ones, but it's usually not too bad. Depending on the color of mug, you may want to put a white background on your design. A black outline for example looks great on a white background, but on a red or blue, it just doesn't look good.

I like to set the background of my working design to a color close to what I plan to put the design on to get a good feel for how it'll look. A design can look great on white and look like crap on other colors.

• Like 1

I would add that the logo is copyright protected so be sure to get permission to use that and not get yourelf into trouble. 

• Like 1