Sign in to follow this  
Roberto-Arr

HELP MH-871 BLOCKED - STUCK

Help please my mh-871 is stuck, you can hear the fan or some motor running, and the three leds on the control panel are on but it does not respond and does not work, it does not show anything on the screen. What could it be? How can I repair it?

1220283404_WhatsAppImage2022-02-01at2_30_14PM.thumb.jpeg.f9b06a5edcb17f72d76c21c87e7a85cf.jpeg

Uh-Oh, Roberto, this ain't looking good.

The machine is failing to pass the start-up testing phase (it runs through the 3 axis commands --- x, y, z) and comes to rest with the carriage at the far right, and the blade in the UP position.

I suggest you start by dismantling the machine, and checking internal cables/ribbons to make sure they are all properly attached.

Do you know how to take apart the MH unit? (sides, top and bottom)

By the way, that cutting strip (the white nylon under the blade travel) looks trashed/gouged badly.

• Like 1

I think I know how to disassemble it, there are three covers, two lateral and one upper, right? In any case, could you assist me?

The bottom band is a replacement apparently, because the one I had was deteriorated and it looks like that because it is new and double sided tape was used to stick the new one, I bought it second hand. 

Roberto, yeah, the side covers have just two screws holding each in place. Once they're off, you can access the screws for the top ( I believe it tilts back; you only have to take out the front screws to release it). The bottom screws are inside the rubber feet and then a few more around the metal panel. What you are looking for is something that appears loose anywhere. Especially inspect the "stop button" (the red button that the carriage hits against on the right-hand side, also called a "limit switch"). The MH was produced with two different types of limit switches, but the red button one is out of stock, and maybe your machine has the other type, located in the top rail? ( https://uscutter.com/uscutter-mh-vinyl-cutter-replacement-parts )

Your aim is to somehow 'resurrect' the failed circuit, by just going around unplugging stuff from other stuff, and then powering up the cutter and hopefully it comes back into service. At this point, it's all trial and error to maybe get it to reboot.

• Like 1