rhenda

Sublimation not coming off printer paper

I trying sublimation for the first time I have followed everything on the web to do to start. Using a epson et-2760 printer converted the printer to sublimation printer with sublimation ink. Changed my the setting for the printer. I’m using A-sub sublimation paper. My press is a circuit press. I use a circuit t shirt. I can put ink on the paper with my finger it works. When I try from the print from the computer it want transfer. Any idea what I’m doing wrong thanks.

not exactly sure what you are saying in your post - the printer doesn't deposit ink on the paper?  if so a printer problem - or the printed image won't transfer to the shirt?

if the second I am not familiar enough with a cricuit press but doubt it would hit the 400 degrees necessary for sublimation ink to turn to gas.  second is the shirt needs to be 100 percent polyester, 50/50 shirts will transfer ink to the poly portion of the shirt and give a distressed look.  sublimation paper also has a right and wrong side - usually the right side is a slightly brighter white

the ink has to reach around 400 degrees to turn to a gas and attach to a polyester surface - if the press is not capable of reaching 4000 degrees the ink will not turn to a gas so no transfer will happen