My sincere apologies if this has already been covered in this group. (I'm sure it has, but I couldn't find anything by searching.)

I know what I'll be shipping my designs IN, but what does everyone put their vinyl designs ON, besides wax paper? (I'd like something a bit more professional looking than that.) I've found in my research that many use the backing from their vinyl, but I never have any left that is big enough. Is there a way to buy that kind of backing?

Any insight would be much appreciated!

• Like 1

Try some parchment paper, neatly trimmed. I'm slightly confused by the question since it's HTV rather than regular adhesive vinyl and am assuming you want to protect the sticky carrier around the edges so it doesn't collect dust bunnies. I do enough install that I just save two used backings and place them face to face to create a base and then stack on it. I do NOT sell to others for them to install so a bit different application.  In fact I save most of my larger carriers for later use as weeding sheets to collect small weeded pieces. You could ostensibly even ship it un-weeded and let the buyer do some of the time eating work. just a thought. 

I love the unweeded idea! Although, it is interesting that someone would have a heat press, and not the means to but HTV :blink:

• Like 1

10 minutes ago, haumana said:

I love the unweeded idea! Although, it is interesting that someone would have a heat press, and not the means to but HTV :blink:

They probably don't have a heat press.  I have seen many sell HTV designs on Ebay, Stating that it can be applied with a regular household Iron.   I have also see their feedback.  Complaints that the design doesn't stick. 

Isn't some of the newer HTV advertised to be applied with a regular iron?  

1 minute ago, MZ SKEETER said:

They probably don't have a heat press.  I have seen many sell HTV designs on Ebay, Stating that it can be applied with a regular household Iron.   I have also see their feedback.  Complaints that the design doesn't stick. 

Yah, I've heard that happening too. I am amazed at what people are willing to try though :P

3 minutes ago, haumana said:

Yah, I've heard that happening too. I am amazed at what people are willing to try though :P

There are youtube videos showing how to do it with a regular iron.  

• Like 1

On 1/3/2022 at 9:32 PM, MZ SKEETER said:

Isn't some of the newer HTV advertised to be applied with a regular iron?  

Siser says it can and even has hand iron install instructions. I can promis you that anyone doing it that way will NOT get the same quality of job even the poorest of clam shells can produce. 

• Like 2