stan.foudree

Foudree's Signs & Graphics owner

Have been using Oracal 3751RA in our Summa DC5SX with great print quality. Product description does

not list heat transfer foil as an option for printing. Any other experiences with this 3751 product in

heat transfer foil printing out there.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, stan.foudree said:

Have been using Oracal 3751RA in our Summa DC5SX with great print quality. Product description does

not list heat transfer foil as an option for printing. Any other experiences with this 3751 product in

heat transfer foil printing out there.

after printing with rolands for 6-7 years I can say that 3751 sign and graphic vinyl is not appropriate for heat transfer - I know gerber makes a htv for their thermo resin printers - but have never researched what htv to use with the thermo resin printers - 

There are a couple brands that may be ok with thermal printing. I have went back and forth on buying a DC5SX myself but we live in such a dusty environment that I keep side stepping it. Plus being maxed out on production as well.  I found a product that was ok to use the thermal printer but I can't find what it was. It MIGHT have been Thermoflex.   Siser Colorprint PU gloss MIGHT work and I was planning on trying it out just to see what happened if I made the leap on the printer. They don't claim it will work but I'd love you to try in and chime back in with any information. :lol: Lots of MIGHT's in there.  

• Like 1