Sign in to follow this  
diver4

Titan 28" Cutter and the On Line/Off Line button

I have been using the MH cutters for years with no problems.

I use my cutters everyday for hours on end cutting stickers and they have served me well for many years. One of the MH 871s that I have been using forever started leaving little dog ears on the cuts and no amount of tweeking, new blades, offset etc could get rid of them. They were increasing my weed time so I figured I would finally upgrade to a Titan cutter.

Ordered the cutter, it came and got it all hooked up and cutting with no problems. What a difference between the Titan and the MH cutters, the cuts are clean and no more dog ears. As much as I love the MH cutters I will say the Titan does cut a lot cleaner.

My situation is this:

The cutter is less than a week old and when I first started cutting with it I would hit the off line/on line button, load the vinyl and hit the off line/on line button again and start cutting away. Today something strange started happening, every now and then when I hit the off line/on line button it will spit the vinyl out the back and I will have to reload and try again, sometimes it does it a couple of times before it just brings the machine back on line so I can start cutting.

I have gone over the manual and looked through the forum but can't find an answer as to why it started doing this, am I missing something or doing something wrong?

The ground wire is connected metal to metal from the cutter to the stand, I am using direct USB, windows 10 fully updated, Vinylmaster Pro and once the machine is back online it cuts flawlessly so I am not sure what is causing the vinyl to be spit out the back of the machine when pressing the off line/on line button.

Any advice would be appreciated.

Thanks

Diver4

Could you vinyl have static?

What happens when you turn the machine off and on again, does it still do it?

I always had this same issue with my old MH unit. It would go through that same process of throwing the vinyl out the back!

The only way I could resolve that was to just do a RESET before each job, and then go offline & place the vinyl + carriage where I wanted, and set origin. If I tried to run back-to back jobs without the RESET first, it would kick the vinyl out.

It's something in the circuitry; you have a warranty, take advantage of it. USCUTTER should be able to either replace the entire machine or just send you a new MB.

I found this thread, and checked if there was a support ticket on this issue, and it was answered and closed on 12/06. Just to spread some knowledge I'll provide the same information on this thread.

The Titan and the MH operate a little differently with the offline functionality. On the Titan, after you line up the vinyl and the carriage where you want it to be, you want to hit the Enter key to set the origin. If you just hit the offline button again to exit the offline mode, the Titan can remember the previous origin, and rewind to where it was before you hit the offline button.

• Like 2