BannerJohn

Cheap corner rounder

OK, I bought one of those $4 corner rounders for my magnetic signs. Didnd't look like much,but did the job up til now...

THis morning, I rounded the corners of 50 5"x5" magnets. 200 corners...in 7 minutes. And the cheapo little cutter made a nice clean cut every single time.

If I had done the 'shot glass' method with a blade, I would still be cutting those corners at dinner time.

So,if you have a need, I can certainly recommend the cheapo one. Worth the money for sure!

John... you care to explain what the "cheapo" version is, and where you purchased it from for the others that didn't see the other thread where this was explained?

Walmart in the scrapbook section.  I am sure that any scrapbook store would have them too. Actual price was $3.88 I think. Looks like this: (mine is green,however)

post-249-12986520050136_thumb.jpg

post-249-12986520066127_thumb.jpg

I think scrapbooking is not popular in PR. I couldnt find one and I checked

2 Wal-Mart Super Centers

2 Walgreens

1 Offica Max

1 Local Office and Art supply Store

Called

2 Local Art Supplies stores

None had one. This is crazy. i guess I will buy one off ebay.

Joe

Want me to buy a few from Walmart, and ship them to you Joe? Or would it just be cheaper for you to buy them off of ebay?

Thanks for the info! I may be doing a couple magnets for my hubs employees.

I am also a scrapbooker, so I can find many uses for this tiny thing.

Amber

Want me to buy a few from Walmart, and ship them to you Joe? Or would it just be cheaper for you to buy them off of ebay?

Hey fm, Thanks a lot for offering the help. That would be cool. I asked for the shipping for one I saw on ebay, if the seller wants to rip me off with shipping, then I will let you know. I will send you the money through Paypal.

I appreciate it  ;D

Are you cutting 30mil with these cutters?

Thanks,

Jon

you bet! And in one day, I cut 50 5x5 magnet corners with no problems. That's 200 corners and still going strong.

Are you cutting 30mil with these cutters?

Thanks,

Jon

you bet! And in one day, I cut 50 5x5 magnet corners with no problems. That's 200 corners and still going strong.

Well, now I have a reason to goto Wal*Mart  ;D

Thanks for the info,

Jon

Firemalt. I got a good deal on ebay. I will get that one. I appreciate your offering for help  ;D

Thanx

I sure wont forget it, so I will ask you for something later on  ;D

JC

ok im about to pull my hair out lol.. i have looked at 2 walmarts for this thing and i cannot find it at all.. i hate that both my walmarts have decided to downsize the arts/supplies sections.. i have also looked near the paper/pens sections numerous times.. they have a small scrapbook section.. its not there either.. i see a lot of different sissors but nothing that says "corner rounder" .. can anyone take a pic of this in the package? i want to get one i have some magnets to do in a few weeks.. i am looking on ebay but shipping is over priced for something less then $5

I got one at Target last week. It was $5 or so. It was in the scrapbook/craft section up front next to the office supplies. hanging on the wall in a bubble pack which ONLY the Chinese could design.

i guess this is what i get for living in the country :huh:  no targets here.. they are 1hr away.. only thing local is walmart and mom/pop shops.. i guess ebay is my only hope ;D

you might be able to shop those stores online also.

bb

i guess this is what i get for living in the country :thumbsup:  no targets here.. they are 1hr away.. only thing local is walmart and mom/pop shops.. i guess ebay is my only hope :thumbsup:

i got my corner rounder from walmart in the are with the scapbook stuff

this might seem a little crazy, but an old signmaker in the sign supply here showed me how to take a round glass or old veggie can and round the corners on the mags. i thought he was joking but he said he had never purchased a corner rounder and has for 20+ years use this method. he did two in the sign supply store. so just so u know it works perfectly. banner u probably already now about this but i was so amazed at it. two other signmakers came in and said that's how they do it too. so of course i just had an order for 6 mags tried and  woohoo it worked. hope this helps somebody. if ur still leery, take a sheet of reg paper first and do it. u will be ticked pink.

yeah I used that method. But The time I did 50 magnets (200 corners) I was sure glad I had that $5 tool.

i guess this is what i get for living in the country :huh:  no targets here.. they are 1hr away.. only thing local is walmart and mom/pop shops.. i guess ebay is my only hope :huh:

We have a couple of the grren ones from walmart also.. Just an idea if you want to paypal me the cash for one or two i will get them for you and send them to you.. (just tring to help out as these things are great)

Rick