Worble7

Cutting Problem Graphtec CE6000-60

Thanks I'm located in California so should be here fast. Here's my last cut on normal mode and the vinyl is cut all the way through on this one no pulling with a stuck tab of vinyl. In set up area I don't see offset on mine. Do the settings stay after you powder down the unit? Thanks Jeff

20211110_063209.jpg

That looks much better,  a lot of time wasted, being in the wrong mode for changing settings.  Yes,  The settings do not change after you turn the cutter off.    You may like the Graphtec Cutting Controller, if you use Windows.  That is the only place I change my settings. Right on my computer. I only cut sign vinyl and some Avery chrome,  So I only need to change my force,  And I change my speed, sometimes for different designs. I cut slow, always, I answer questions on here, while cutting. That's it, nothing else is changed for me.  As the months go on cutting, the blade will wear down, and a little bit more of force may be needed. That's it. 

Most settings are in your cutting software, which we don't know what you are using for cutting software. 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, Worble7 said:

So Will the backing paper break off the blade tip as I never went through the paper?

The backing paper doesn't break the blade tip, that happens from too much blade being exposed and too much force. Doesn't take much to break a tip, and it's not something you can usually see with the naked eye.

11 minutes ago, Worble7 said:

I'm using graphtec PRo studio.....So you use the setting in there for force/offset/and all that?

Like I said above.  I use the Graphtec Cutting Controller to change my settings. I just use old bare bones Flexi starter cutting software,  My cutter is too old for that software.   Bought new in 2008. 

This is my Cutting Controller for my machine.  All settings are on it.  I change right from my computer.  The cutter has to be sitting there ready to cut, (on mine)  or it will not even open.  That cutter has a different design of cutter controller.   Those are not my actual settings.  picture was taken years ago.   The rest you can read and figure out on your own. 

graphtec cutting controller.jpg

22 hours ago, darcshadow said:

The backing paper doesn't break the blade tip, that happens from too much blade being exposed and too much force. Doesn't take much to break a tip, and it's not something you can usually see with the naked eye.

Thanks Darcshadow

22 hours ago, MZ SKEETER said:

This is my Cutting Controller for my machine.  All settings are on it.  I change right from my computer.  The cutter has to be sitting there ready to cut, (on mine)  or it will not even open.  That cutter has a different design of cutter controller.   Those are not my actual settings.  picture was taken years ago.   The rest you can read and figure out on your own. 

graphtec cutting controller.jpg

Thanks MZ SKEETER I see wow that's way differnt. Some of it is still in the software on mine.

1 hour ago, Worble7 said:

Thanks MZ SKEETER I see wow that's way differnt. Some of it is still in the software on mine.

All of the basics for cutting are on YOUR cutting controller also.So you can change right from your computer.    SPEED, FORCE, OFFSET.   BLADE OFFSET Is ZERO on a Graphtec. Other features are in advanced settings. There is also HELP on the far right side.   Watch the tutorial.  

3 hours ago, NiteWolfChris said:

This has probably been solved, but did you make sure you put the blade holder in the front of the housing holder and not the back?

Graphtec CE600060,  thru Graphtec America, does not have 2 positions for the blade holder, in the carriage head.  Only the Graphtec CE6000-40 does.  Blade holder in the front position is for perf cutting, (over the groove for perf cutting), so as not to damage teflon cutting strip. You need a cutting mat to perf cut with a CE6000-60 so as not to damage cutting strip. 

here is one I broke the tip on about 3 years ago - had to magnify about 60 times to see it - I got lazy that day and didn't recheck the depth before installing the blade holder (replaced blade) .  it happens to everyone at some time.    

34708778_10204823149655084_5425396520734162944_n.jpg