Worble7

Cutting Problem Graphtec CE6000-60

Hello Everyone,

Yes I have read and adjusted my cutting blade right as long as there no position you need to set the blade in carrer and the holder I just drop it in and tighten. So my problem is when I weed my project the vinyl does not come off clean there a snap at the last spot coming off the backing. So I put a brand new blade in thinking that blade was worn. same thing and ever worse as it;s not cutting right. see pic please. Also my setting are on simple mode outdoor vinyl the force is defalt at 12 and the plus is set at 0. Thanks Jeff

20211109_084506.jpg

Until you get your test cuts correct, it never will cut right.  Are you sure the blade tip is not broken off? Nothing is right about those test cuts.   Plus you are cutting way into the wax paper backing. You should just barely see a slight mark on the wax paper backing. 

4 minutes ago, MZ SKEETER said:

Until you get your test cuts correct, it never will cut right.  Are you sure the blade tip is not broken off? Nothing is right about those test cuts.   Plus you are cutting way into the wax paper backing. You should just barely see a slight mark on the wax paper backing. 

MZ SKEETER,

It's A brand new blade I know it looks way wrong nothing smothe about it. Here's a pic of the settings I have and the blade I'm using. Thanks Jeff

20211109_095529.jpg

20211109_095658.jpg

20211109_095705.jpg

If you don't back the force off at least 50% when you put that new blade in,  you will break the tip right off, at the start.   Very easy to break the tips off those Clean Cut Blades.

This has been posted hundreds and hundreds of times.  The force is determined by the blade depth and vinyl being used. Cuts are not determined by force. until the blade depth is correct. Blade depth MUST be correct first. A correct blade depth, will not cut into the wax paper backing. 

To start with, you should set your blade depth correctly, by taking the blade holder out of the machine, and firmly cut across a piece of scrap vinyl, you will be cutting. You should only be cutting the vinyl and barely a mark on wax paper backing, Adjust blade to get there, Then put the blade holder back in machine, and use the force of the machine to get there, same results, only cutting the vinyl and barely a mark in wax paper backing. You should barely see and feel the blade out of the blade holder. Regular sign vinyl is only 2-3 mil thick. You only cut with the very tip of the blade. 

• Like 1

Right from Clean cut blades website

• Guaranteed to get better blade life than OEM blades
  • Use 30-50% less downforce

1 hour ago, Worble7 said:

Hello Everyone,

Yes I have read and adjusted my cutting blade right ...

Judging from that photo I would disagree. If the blade is set correctly it is impossible to cut into the backing paper as seen in your photo.

• Like 3

I would bet that the post above the force wasn't reduced first and didn't start with too little blade working out - and broke the tip looks familiar from other post we have seen

So Will the backing paper break off the blade tip as I never went through the paper? Also are there better blades? I did take the blade holder out again and tested it and your right it was too long not by much. Here are my new cuts and it still has a tab sticking not a clean cut the triangle cuts clean I circled the area that is not all the way cut. Thanks

20211109_162145.jpg

So Will the backing paper break off the blade tip as I never went through the paper? Also are there better blades? I did take the blade holder out again and tested it and your right it was too long not by much. Here are my new cuts and it still has a tab sticking not a clean cut the triangle cuts clean I circled the area that is not all the way cut. Thanks

20211109_162145.jpg

What are those numbers about?  12-6   -4 -5?    Have you looked at your cutting strip?  No gouges or scratches?  They will cause problems.  Move the  carriage head to a different location and make your test cuts.  Did you look at the blade tip with a magnifying glass?     Clean cut are the best blades.   You should back your blade so far into the blade holder, that you would not think it would even cut.  And that would be about right.  Then use the force to cut with. Barely see the blade tip stick out of the blade holder, barely feel it. . 

• Like 1

I'm in simple mode I think I should be in normal mode. I will let you know after I read and get in normal mode. Thanks for the help 

4 minutes ago, Worble7 said:

Also What blades do you use MZ SKEETER?

I have a totally different cutter, FC model.  And I  buy my Graphtec blades from Seiki.  5 blades  $25  free ship from USA  They last  at least 9 months. 

Thanks I will go look for there site and buy 5 maybe 10 at this rate lol do you have a link and does your take the same blade?? Thanks